Chapter 10 - Aftermath

Chapter 10 – Aftermath

We didn’t do too much for the rest of the day which gave me the opportunity to sort my thoughts out which were cramped tightly in my head. I hadn’t spoken to Nathan since the whole kiss thing and I planned on keeping it that way a bit longer.

Siva had told me we were stopping for dinner before we carried on going to Las Vegas; I agreed and got changed, now waiting to go out. I was thankful that Tom and Max hadn’t said anything about the whole kiss thing with Nathan, I’m sure at some point they would – that I was sure of – but for now I was happy that their mouths were tightly zipped shut.

I walked into the lounge area where Jay was sat; he was the only one there so I presumed the others were all getting ready. He hadn’t seen me yet but I gathered he was on the phone, I hid behind the fridge which was pretty large and eavesdropped on the conversation – wrong I know, but I was curious to know why he has been slightly distant lately.

“I know Em I miss you too” he said, my eyes went slightly wide. So it was a girl that had made him like this! I smiled happy that he someone had this effect on him, I was tempted to just go over and put my arms around his waist and say well done, but I didn’t want him to know I had heard just yet. Em, must have said something funny because he laughed before replying to her, I couldn’t wait until I actually met her.

“I know, I’ll tell them soon. I can’t wait until I see you on Friday; it’s so weird that you’re in the same part of America with your family when we’re here!” Jay replied, so she was in the states too, even better! That means I will meet her, I’m sure of it and hopefully on Friday too.

I was so caught up listening to Jay I didn’t hear Nathan approaching until he put his arms around me making me jump, I turned to face him as he was about to speak and ushered for him to be quite, I mouthed I would tell him why later and he nodded understanding.

“Alright I’ve got to go; I think we’re going out for dinner. See you soon, bye” he said before hanging up, I pulled Nathan back and he raised his eyebrows understanding what I had been doing standing there so quietly, at that moment I forgot about the whole kiss thing and just enjoyed his company.

Jay walked past us smiling, not worried that he was heard which I was glad about. I pulled Nathan towards the sofa as the tour bus moved through a small town where I presumed we were eating. I turned to Nathan who was looking at me and my cheeks flushed slightly, I’m not sure why as I’d never blushed in-front of him like that before. I blame the kiss.

“So you’re a spy now” he said smiling and I giggled, his smile grew wider and I responded.

“Well I started to listen and I did get some pretty big gossip” I said, and he rolled his eyes chuckling slightly, I pouted at his reaction as we began to get back to normal.

“Well do you want to know or not?” I asked teasing him and he nodded his head enthusiastically, I smiled before leaning in and whispering in his ear.

“You’ll have to wait a bit longer, we don’t want anyone else hearing” he smiled when I pulled back and wrapped his arms round me, pulling me into his chest. I rested my head against him and waited until we were out of the bus.

“Very true Mags” he said as we sat there responding to what I had said, Tom walked in and smirked in our direction obviously with the ‘thing’ from the lift in his mind, I just ignored him and looked out the window as we slowed down and pulled up to a restaurant called ‘Joey’s’.

Five minutes later and we were all clambering out eager to get some food, as we only has snacks on the tour bus and we had been in it for most of the day. Jay, Tom, Max and Siva went running of into the restaurant while I walked with Nathan slightly slower. Big Kev, Jayne, Martin and the rest of the crew including the band and bus driver also walked in slightly ahead of us. I think Nathan was purposely walking slowly so I would tell him what I had overhead on the phone.