Chapter 15 - #NathansNicely

When the boys went to do another concert I stayed on the tour bus with the other girls, it was so nice to have female company after so long being with boys, after all there was only so much you could take!

“So what’s it been like so far?” Michelle asked, I smiled and shook my head thinking back at some of the things that had gone on.

“It’s great. I don’t really know how to explain it, on one hand I love the boys to death then on another they’re doing that brotherly annoying thing. Then there’s the whole Nathan thing which I have no idea what to think about, then Jay brings a girl for us to meet” I tried to sum it up briefly but still get the main things in.

“Jay bought a girl back! I have to meet her, what is she like?” Kelsey asked, I think she was even more surprized than the boys had been.

“She’s called Em, she’s really nice. They make a sweet couple, she was here with her family on holiday and they decided to meet up” I told them, they smiled and laughed in a few places.

“I’m happy for him” Nareesha said and we all nodded.

“Let’s talk about you and Nathan then huh?!” Kelsey said bringing all the attention back to me, I rolled my eyes but laughed as they all looked at me.

“Well what do you want me to say?” Hopefully they would help me figure things out with him

“Do you like him?” Michelle asked

“I don’t know, I mean of course I like him as a best friend – I love him – but before a few days ago I’d never even thought of him more than a friend so I don’t know!” they all smiled and nodded.

“Well I think you’d make a really great couple” Nareesha said smiling.

“Why don’t you give it a go or pretend to date so you can see what the fans reaction would be?” Kelsey suggested, it stumped me for a minute. Could I do that? If I gave it a go and pretended to be his girlfriend it would kill two birds in one stone and if it didn’t work out we could just carry on as normal right?

“Maybe” I was still turning it over, I would have to ask Nathan and see what he thought about it.

We spent the rest of the time without the boys having a proper girly night, I really needed it too. Of course the boys weren’t that bad but you always needed girl company. Just before midnight the boys came bounding onto the bus still buzzing from the concert; it took them a little while to calm down so no doubt we’d still be up for at least another hour.

“Hey girlies” Max said kissing Michelle on the cheek, Tom and Siva did this to the other girls while Nathan, Jay and I poked around in the kitchen getting a snack.

“Em text me this morning, she asked her mum if when her holiday finishes she could come with us until we get back to the UK and her mum Ok’d it. Is it alright with you lot?” Jay asked hopefully, I couldn’t hold my smile it, it was so sweet!

“Yeah”

“Course mate”

“Get in there” chorused around the bus and he smiled ruffling his hair and going to his bunk, I reckon it was to get away before they teased him!

“Nath can I talk to you for a moment?” I whispered, I didn’t want the others to hear or they would do god knows what.

“Yeah sure” he said and we walked to the back of the bus that was nearly almost empty.

“I still don’t have an answer yet, but the girls came up with an idea that might help me decide” I said biting my lip, Nathan nodded eager to know what it was. “They suggested that we ‘fake date’ for now, just so I would get to know what it was like and see the fans reaction” he didn’t say anything for a minute so I just sat watching him take it in. I couldn’t help but noticed how his eyebrows furrowed and lips parted as he thought about it.

“Do you want to do it?” he asked. I’d been thinking about so didn’t hesitate to answer back.

“Yes if you will” he paused for a minute before answering.

“Let’s do it. How about for a month then you have to give me your answer at the end?”  I nodded and huge smile appeared on his face.

“So girlfriend how do you want to break it to the world?” he asked, I paused thinking a minute before replying.

“Well boyfriend pass me your phone I want to go on Twitter” he smiled and took his phone out from his pocket, opening the app before giving it to me.

I clicked on the compose icon and began typing.

‘Hey TWeeple! I’ve got a game for you to play in a minute, keep a look out in the next few minutes!’ I hit send and told Nathan what I was going to do; he nodded and laughed at my idea.

‘Alright play #nicely. I’m going to put a load of letters in a random order, first person rearrange it in the right order gets a follow. Tweet your answers with #NathansNicely’ hitting send we composed the next tweet with the random letters.

‘Here’s the first two words... o duwil #NathansNicely’ I hit send and we waited a few minutes before sending the next.

‘Here’s the next three words #NathansNicely kenu ct lnoenaoi ‘ we waited the same amount of time before sending the next.

‘Third... gted niMgta aih a #NathansNicley’ we avoided looking to see if anyone had got it so far until we finished.

‘Here’s the final one... get tweeting your answers #NathansNicely wdr agi to!naen’ we waited and kept refreshing the page to see if we had any answers, there were a lot of confused people and a few had got some parts and not others.

Five minutes later and someone had cracked it, once one person had got it the rest began following and soon enough Nathan’s mentions were going crazy some still giving him answers and others tweeting him about the fact we were now ‘dating’.

‘All right well done to @SykedaboutTW you got a follow! The correct answer was in fact… I would like to announce Maggie and I are now dating!’ once it was sent we walked back to where the others were all crowded round a table looking at a piece of paper, you could tell they were all thinking really hard.

I went and peaked over Michelle’s shoulder and saw that they had gotten into our little game and had wrote all the letters down trying to figure out the sentence, so far that got one that said I would and were all figuring out the second.

“You know if you look at Tweets after that it has the answer” Nathan said from beside me, they looked up sheepishly but shook their heads.

“No we want to play nicely and do it ourselves” Siva said, I laughed and went to sit on the sofa to watch TV; I yawned but wanted to wait and see if they got it.

Half way through an episode of An idiot Abroad they came rushing in either smiling or smirking and I knew they had finally pulled their brains together and figured it out.

“So your dating huh?! About time” Max said sliding over and plonking himself down on Nathan, he managed to wriggle out and throw his arm around my shoulder.

“We decided to ‘fake date’” I said and the girls smiled, the boys look baffled but Michelle explained it and they nodded.

“Let me take a picture for Siva View” Siva said taking out his phone, he pointed the camera at us and Nathan turned and pressed his lips to my cheek, I grinned and I was vaguely aware Max was behind us pulling kiss faces but ignored him.

My phone vibrated at a new mention on Twitter from Siva, I clicked on it and looked at the newly taken #SivaView I was smiling at the camera, Nathan had his eyes closed and a faint smile was on his lips as he kissed my cheek and as I thought Max pulled faces behind, I laughed knowing I had made the right decision.

Now I just had to wait and see what the world thought.

 A/N - Let me know what you think! S x