Chapter 1

How did I allow my life to come to this I'm bruised, battered, and used up. However, allow me to go back to the beginning. ''People all over the world join in, join a love train a love train'' I sang along to the loud music playing in the club. My name is Promise Richards I live in Harlem but I dream of going to Los Angeles. I just know my friends and I have what it takes to make it and I mean make it big. The song starts to come to an end as my girls and I go to take our seats trying to catch our breath. My girls have always had my back there was Regina the protector of the group and she was never afraid to knock a person out for any of us. Then there was Yolonda and man did she love to party she knew all the latest songs, styles, and trends ever want the skinny on anything you go to Yolonda. Then lastly there was Angel and boy did she live up to the name given to her had the beauty of an angel and the personality to match. ''What it is ladies?" Hearing that voice caused me to mentally roll my eyes, because I knew that voice belonged to Raymond Smith and if he was here that meant his boys were too. Raymond Smith the baddest mofo around according to himself, but to me he was a fool that would do anything for a dollar. Then there was Antonio a smooth talking brother with a plan he was made for the people by the people and he wasn't too hard on the eyes either. After him there's Carlos a fast talking Puerto Rican who could talk the panties off of any lady until he set his sights on Yolonda and well that's another story for a later time. Lastly there's Erik a hardworking man feeding his mom's drug habit he probably has the saddest story out of all of us but is always the most positive ain't that something. "May we help you gentlemen?" Regina said slyly throwing a seductive look Raymond's way. The two of them have been doing it on the low thinking none of us know but we all do. The guys proceed to pull up chairs so they could sit as Stairway to Heaven begins to play around us. "So check this here me and the boys are taking a little trip on over to Los Angeles and we was thinkin' maybe you lovely ladies would like to accompany us?" Carlos said looking each of us in the eyes. "You jivin' right?" I said as I laughed thinking he was joking like the jokester he was, I was just waiting for him to say sike but he never did. " We'll have to think about it you can't just spring this on us and expect us to say yes." Angel said. "Well y'all have three days to think it over" Raymond said holding up three fingers before him and the rest of the guys got up and exited the club.