◆37

Jeno walked into the hospital room, glancing at the girl on the bed and he was unsure if she was awake or not- she layed on the bed with her eyes closed

He was silent, bringing the bag of her clothes to the chair and gathering all of the cards she had gotten.

"Just throw them out, I can't see them anyway."

Jeno halted, sighing and putting them in the bag.
"Are you ready to go home?" He asked, grabbing her new clothes and walking over to her.

She huffed out a scoff and tried to sit up but her head injury and back ache proved to be painfully.

Jeno lunged forward, holding her up with his arm around her shoulder, frowning in worry.
"Are you okay?" He scanned her face for any indication she was hurt.

"I'm blind not a child, I don't need your help!" She exclaimed out in frustration, pushing him off of her.

Jeno sighed, placing the clothes on the bed and glancing at the girl before beggining to walk out of the room.
"I'll get the nurse to help you."

Heejin was dressed and in a wheelchair when Jeno signed the papers and returned.
"Listen, patients with these outcomes...it takes a toll on their mental health so just, look after her okay?" She whispered as she took him aside.

Jeno nodded, smiling at the nurse as best he could.
"Thank you for saving her."
The nurse smiled, patting his good arm before leaving.

Heejin tapped her finger anxiously on the armrest, jittery and on edge- head hurting the dull pain making her scrunch her face up.

Jeno placed his hands around the handles and cleared his throat to make her known of his presence.

"Ready to go?"
Heejin didn't reply, only lowering her head as they began to leave.
Everyone knows I'm blind
Everyone is pitying me
I'm helpless
I can't even do anything myself

The cold air hit her, realising she was outside.
"I thought you hurt your arm?" She questioned.
"It's okay."

"I'm sorry for...being blind and I'm sorry for shouting at you- I should be thanking you." She whispered guiltily and Jeno stopped.

He left the handles and walked around, crouching in front of her and taking her small hands in his large ones.

"Don't apologize Rosa... I'm always going to be here okay? You're not alone in this, I would never let you go through this alone...you mean too much to me."

Heejin gulped the lump in her throat down, trailing her hand up his arm and he studied her carefully when her hand reached his neck- cupping his jaw in her hand.

He watched as her eyes closed, almost like she was envisioning him, taking her other hand to hold his face in them.

"Are you hurt anywhere?" She asked, opening her eyes but she realised she couldn't see him and sighed- dropping her hand.

He caught them effortlessly- bringing them back up to his face, letting her hands rest on his cheeks.

She let out a shaky breath, overcome with emotion and her hand began to wander, her thumb brushing down the bridge of his nose, coming to his lips- the feeling of the softness sending courses of something up her spine.

She moved to his hair, brushing through it gently.
"You didn't answer my question."
"I'm not hurt."
"You're lying." She said, removing her hands from him and back on her lap.

Jeno smiled up at her, his eyes upturning at the sight of her lips pulled into a pouted frown and the urge to kiss them made him clear his throat and stand up.

"If it meant you being here, alive- I would get hurt a thousand times."

Anyway so what's the thoughts guys I was quite hesitant on making her blind but then it's a good plot idea to make them closer