Chapter 14

Grace p.o.v.

Today was the rumble. I'm worried.

Ever since Bob dropped me off I've been giving the boys the silent treatment. Well, everyone except for Johnny. He's a good kid and I don't blame him for not helping. I don't want to fight.

As I Continued to get ready wrapped Up in my thoughts I didn't notice the other presence in the room.

"You look nice." Johnny said quietly. "Thanks Johnny, you ready for tonight?" I smiled slightly.

He sighed and shook his head. "I don't like fightin. It's pointless. It won't change anything." I sighed too. "I know Johnny."

A few minutes later I was ready and Dallas and Darry walked through the door. He looked right at me. Both of them.

"You're not going." Was all dally said. I can't believe him.

"I am too. Your not the boss of me." I snapped. He sighed. "Fine we'll do This the hard way." With that Darry picked me up and threw me into soda and pony's room.

I scoffed. They really think that'll keep me in?

I went to the window. I tried to open it but it wouldn't budge. Dammit. They bolted it down from the outside. I looked out the window to see them chanting and screaming on the way to the rumble.

I'm not staying. I search around the room. Theming to find something to bust the window. Then, I found it. It was one of ponyboys track cleats-the ones with the spikes.

I slammed it against the window 8 times before it broke. I smiled triumphantly as I crawled through the window. I jumped down and ran to the fight.

When I got there Darry and I think what looked like a guy named Paul, were sizing each other up.

Darry went to throw a punch when I saw him. Bob on the line. We made eye contact right as the lunch was thrown.

I jumped in and stared fighting.

We were winning. Barely but, we were.

I smiled happily as I beat another one down, but my victory didn't last long. My smile fell when I saw it.

There's a brumly boy aiming a switchblade right at Bob. I screamed for him to stop but, it didn't work, the knife hit right in stomach.

I ran to him, screaming for help.

I lied on his chest as sirens blared.

Everything was numb.

I felt someone pull me off and pick me up. I was limp. I couldn't feel anything. He's dead.

The man I love is dead.

————————————————————

Sorry I've been busy.

There will only be a few more chapters.

Bye.

Stay safe quarantine buddies.