Blood Stream ☾

All Rights Reserved ©

B L O O D D R I V E ☾

-Chapter Seven-

I felt a little bit dazed walking towards the entrance. Why would Orlando do that? Reaching up, I touched my throbbing lips with the tips of my fingers still feeling his pressed lips against mine. The taste of metallic swam around my mouth like the sweetest yet most bitter wine I have ever tasted. That fact that I was starting to enjoy the taste of it was starting to freak me out. Not to mention that my body was responding in unusual ways. My ears became sensitive to loud music blasting and they started ringing.

I could feel a warm tingling sensation in my bloodstream, pulsing red hot in my veins. My whole body felt alive and awake to every sensation there was to offer. The vibrations of the blasting music caused my nipples to harden painfully against my bra. My mind went back to the memory of Orlando's hot lips sucking on them causing heat to pool in my privates.

I can't believe I'm saying this but, I think I am hot for Orlando. A vampire who insulted me by saying I was a blood whore, who turned my sister into a vampire forever! I tried to muster up some hate and erase these feelings but I couldn't. Nothing would come up, nada, zip, zero.

I ran a hand through my messy brown hair getting frustrated with myself. I was becoming a total mess, how did he even find me attractive?

Sitting down on a stool I looked around to see almost the whole town in here since it was the weekend. The daily group of cops (and the only cops in this town) was here, talking amongst each other to lessen the stress the job forced down on them. It angered me that they weren't doing anything to look for Ana but I swallowed down my rage when I remembered that I haven't reported her missing since she was turned into a vampire. They will most likely hunt her down to kill her instead of help.

"Natalie?" I heard my name being called on my left. Turning my head, I saw Adrian coming my way. That's a face I haven't seen in a while. Adrian had a boyish face with deep green eyes and ash blonde hair in beach wave curls that made him look like a surfer. He was lean and fit but not at all built as Orlando with muscles on top of muscles. Wait, why was I comparing Adrian to him? I tried to erase the thought but it was swimming in my head.

"I haven't seen you in a while, you look good," I said giving him a smile.

"No I remember correctly, it's been a year since we saw each other," Adrian said handing me a drink which I took surprised before taking the liberty to sit next to me. The scent of an ocean breeze waffled over to me which caught me off because we are hours away from the coast.

"Since my parent's funeral. Hey did you go to the beach?" I asked making him raise his eyebrows in surprise with my comment. Looking at him better I could see he was getting rid of the pale color us town folks had. Adrian now had a nice tan that wasn't too noticeable unless you compared our skin together.

"Yeah just a couple of days ago, how did you know?" He asked smiling broadly. Good question, I don't even know the answer to that. My nose was never this good at picking up scents like this before.

I just shrugged and smiled back. "Wild guess."

"Hey, I remember that little note you gave me in sixth grade that asked me if I liked you and to check one of the boxes below. I never got to give it back to you because the teacher took it..." His green eyes never wandered from my face and his smile dropped a little when he finished talking. I took a sip of the drink he gave me and set it on the counter, trying remembering what he was talking about.

"Oh, now I remember. I had the biggest crush on you, you can't even imagine how many sunflowers I killed by taking off their petals to see if you liked me back." Adrian choked a bit on his drink before laughing. His laughter was manly tremble that caused a few girl's heads to turn our way. I could feel my cheeks turn a shade pink as I internally punished myself for blurting that out.

"That's cute," Adrian said calming back down.

"My mom didn't think it was cute when all her flowers kept disappearing." He laughed again causing to chuckle with him, I kind of liked the sound of it.

"I can't believe Orlando just gave her his blood." I heard someone say in the distance, enough for my ears to pick it up. I looked around discretely but saw no one talking directly to me. I knew then that whoever was taking was pretty far away. I tried to spot the person talking, but it was hard to pinpoint with so many people talking here at once even although I was trying to shut them all out. I focused hard enough to hear a guy laugh before the woman whined again, "It's not funny Jay, why her?!"

"Yes, it was quite interesting." The same man said.

"I think he did that bold move to keep us off her. I mean did you smell her blood before he mixed it with his? It was so strong and very unique! Even if he marked her, it still wouldn't have stopped us." Another man commented, his voice was different from the first so it had to be two different men.

It was a group of three. How come I couldn't find them in here? Maybe they had some information about Ana...

I need to find them.

"Natalie?" Adrian asked me suddenly bringing me back to my surroundings. The loud noise around me came back like a switch and the voices I wanted to keep hearing faded away. I blink my eyes rapidly to see Adrian's face close to mine as his worried bright green eyes looked deep into mine.

I back away instinctively and raise my eyebrows in question, "Hmm?" I tried to set aside the fact that I smelled sunflower seeds in his beer breathe because no one could possibly guess that and still be human.

"What do you say? Yes or fuck off?" Adrian asked making me knit my eyebrows confused. If I ask him to repeat what he said he'd probably ask what was on my mind or what was going on because he noticed little things like that, I knew that about him.

"Yes," I answered playing with my hands and avoiding his eyes.

Adrian sighed relieved before flashing a bright smile at me, "Okay, I pick you up at eight tomorrow to go to the movies. I look forward to it."

He then walked off leaving me there dumbfounded. Did I just agree to go on a date with my childhood crush? I sighed and chugged the rest of the drink before getting up and walking out. I came in to find information on Ana's whereabouts and I leave with a date in hand. Great...