Incognito ☾

All Rights Reserved ©

B L O O D D R I V E

-Chapter Thirteen-

With a press of a button, Orlando let Jan come inside the room. It buzzed loudly throughout the room before the sound of the doorknob twisting took its place. The fact that I could hear the metal gears working in his walls as it was set back into place reminded me that Orlando had previously shared some of his blood with me. Now that I shared mine with his I noticed his skin was fresh, dewy looking, giving him a bit of life back into his face.

Orlando was buttoning back up his shirt as Jan hesitated on taking another step inside. She glanced at me with wide blue eyes before clearing her throat and getting back to the task at hand. Finding my sister, Ana.

"They have spotted a close scent that was on your sister Ana near downtown Albany," Jan said to Orlando in a formal manner, setting her face neutral so no emotions broke through. Sitting in Orlando's chair I simply crossed my legs and glanced at Orlando still getting ready.

"Great, where?" He questioned leaving the last button to his shirt unbuttoned. I was positive he purposely left that open so I could see a glimpse of his defined chest. Those blue eyes went to meet mine before smirking, almost like he was reading my thoughts.

"The mall," Jan answered and I watched Orlando's playful smirk die down. The mall was definitely not somewhere you would want a newborn vampire that can't control her thirst just yet. Jumping to my feet I quickly headed to the door not waiting for them to follow. When I opened the door I was surprised to see them standing there waiting for me. For a second I had forgotten how powerful they were. Clearly, they are faster than me because I did not see or hear them walk pass me.

"Try to keep up, Natalie," Orlando joked, poking fun at my human slowness.

"I know I'm as slow as a sloth so just let me wrap my arms around your neck. It would go by faster for both of us." I said making Jan chuckled at my use of words.

Orlando gave me a look over his shoulder as if he was really considering that. "If it comes down to that, you might need to hold on."

I nodded back unable to say anything else since there was a possibility things can get ugly fast. My sister was a sweetheart but what if Jay was right? Maybe that fever could mess with her as a vampire as well. There was no cure to it for it when she was human.

Since this town was a small one we needed to get there by car. Arriving at the mall by holding onto a sexy vampire as your ride would only stir up unwanted trouble. Since this town was small it meant everyone knew who you were. It meant people would notice the little details so he had to be normal, almost incognito. Orlando was right about humans not liking vampires mostly because of the Blood Drive business giving them opportunities like never before.

Incognito wasn't a word Orlando knew very well as we stepped foot outside to see a silver Audi R8 purring in wait with its doors open for us. Orlando chuckled when he saw my face.

"What? We need to get there fast since we can't use our vampire speed where people are going to be around." Orlando clarified although it sounded like a big excuse to take this everywhere. Hell, I wasn't complaining as I made myself comfortable in the front passenger seat. Jan had squeezed herself in the back seat while I was ogling at it earlier.

Orlando slowly followed the dirt trail before his car was back into roads leading to our town in the distance. The sun was setting down behind it casting a beautiful pink sunset with puffy pastel purple clouds. My mind was brought back to the car when he pressed down on the pedal making it roar as it quickly built up speed. Orlando was not kidding about getting there fast.

But, will we get there fast enough?