Shiver ☾

All Rights Reserved ©

B L O O D  D R I V E ☾

-Chapter Nine-

Before I knew I was back a the first Blood Drive in another huge office of his. He really wasn't kidding about being the owner of many. The inside of his office was different from the rest of the building with dark grey walls and white marble floors that had a glossy finish. There was a big brown wooden desk in the middle of the room with organized files next to his computer. Orlando sat down in his huge black chair behind the desk while I just stood next to him, unsure what to do. There were two chairs across from us but I was leaving them empty for Jay and whoever else wanted it. I was too stressed anyways to sit down when I felt the need to get a move on and find her.

Orlando pulled on my wrist so that I fell into his huge lap. I gasped at the unexpected move before trying to get off but it was impossible to get out his rock hold. I sighed giving into demand, making myself more comfortable in his lap. From squirming around and pressing my ass against him I felt a bulge underneath me so I stayed very still. The heat that radiated from him was comforting enough to soothe down my stress.

Jay watched us quietly from across the desk sitting down in one of the chairs while the other two began to walk out of the room with a gesture of his hand.

I am assuming after the disrespect Ash had given Orlando they were not going to be joining our conversation. Secretly, inside, I felt relieved that the lady wasn't going to keep throwing daggers at me with her eyes. It didn't fall short of notice when she put an extra swag in her hips when she walked out, mostly for Orlando's eyes.

"So you were saying?" Orlando asked with an arm around me holding me in place. His deep voice was right next to my ear so it caused a shiver of pleasure to run down my ear and travel downwards. I swallowed down my lust for him and glanced at Jay.

"I was out in the fields showing my vampires how to speed-walk, hid in broad daylight, among other newbie tricks when I spotted her. She was on the ground with her legs to her chest crying so I didn't get a good look at her. I asked her if was okay but she wouldn't talk or move. She had blood all over her clothes which I'm guessing was from her first feeding since the first time can get messy. Something about us spooked her so she ran. We chased her but she was really fast, faster than any vampire I've seen besides the masters." Jay said raising his thick bushy brown eyebrows at Orlando with his last sentence.

The thought of Ana out there alone and crying caused a strike of pain in my heart. She must feel so alone and as her bigger sister, I wanted to show her she wasn't.

"Did you catch the scent of blood on her clothes?" Orlando asked.

"I did," Jay said putting the weight of his eyes on my face.

"She is your sister, I believe?" I nodded to his question.

"You're parents? There names?" Jay asked very interested his brown eyes never leaving mine.

"Emilia and Jonathan Wilhart," I said glancing back at Orlando when I felt him tensed up after saying their names. "Why?"

Jay didn't answer me only shook his head and looked at me again like I had unmasked myself. He couldn't believe who I was leaving in more confusion.

"Wilhart is a bloodline that kills vampires since they are really good at it. They are even more powerful if are turned into vampires. I've met one before and they almost killed me, left me a scar on my leg." Orlando said avoiding my eyes and his blue ones looked at Jay menacingly for even asking.

"Did you know my sister was a Wilhart? Is that why you turned her?" I asked doubting my own question since he couldn't have planned all that out. We just meet each other a day ago! I patiently awaited his answer as he clenched his jaw tightly in response, not saying anything but that silence spoke volumes.

"I did." He muttered out after a minute. "And yes."

Jay laughed at his confession and I snapped my head towards him surprised that he has put me in this situation. I didn't know how I felt about his betrayal, maybe I needed a couple minutes to let that process.

"Why are you always getting the best stuff?" Jay asked unaware of my shocked expression as he shook his head in disbelief. "First this young lady with exquisite blood and now a soon to be powerful vampire killer to add to your collection."

I let Jay's words sink into my brain along with the other stuff for my brain would catch up to speed. So Orlando wasn't really helping my sister but turning her in as a vampire before it was too late because he knew Ana would be powerful and in his control. I was speechless, to say the least.

I didn't have time to get into another fight and slap the living daylights out of him again.

I huffed and I got off his lap ignoring his reluctant arms trying to hold me back, but he knew better so he let me go, "So when are going to go search for her?" I asked crossed my arms over my chest and looking at them both.

Jay noticed my actions and pissed off the look so he became really stiff, that smile slipped out his face.

"Jay are you willing to help me out? Since you know the smell of blood on her clothes." Orlando asked and made it seem like an option but Jay really couldn't refuse after giving Orlando's hidden secret.

"I will not deny an offer to be part of history. The first vampire hunter on our side." Jay said trying not to smile since it was something very exciting for him.

"She's just a little kid." I gritted out. "You guys ruined her childhood."

"I did not. I just gave her the chance to live. Even if she has to consume blood to live how is eating meat any different? You're just cooking it to mask the blood, you're still killing another living thing to eat." Orlando spat back making me close my mouth tightly shut. He did have a point but I was talking about her innocence and the normal human life she will never get the chance to live.

"She will be young forever, did you think of that?" I asked looking directly into Orlando's striking blue eyes. Jay looked away from us at my comment, knowing full well what I was getting at. Even if years pass by she will still look 16 years old on the outside. Orlando kept my fierce gaze head-on as he was not scared of it.

"She would have died young. I didn't pick the time." Orlando said standing up from his chair meaning the conversation was done. Alright, maybe he was right but I just couldn't fully accept the fact that things were never going to go back to normal. She is forever a vampire tied to Orlando by his blood. I needed to come to terms with this so I could help her and be there for her like the big sister I am.