Tremble ☾

All Rights Reserved ©

B L O O D  D R I V E

-Chapter Ten-

Jay called the twins in which they did immediately, opening the door and stumbling in almost like they were leaning against the door to hear us better. Yet they were vampires with good hearing or perhaps that was a skill they still needed to practice on. After the disrespect Ash had given to Orlando he was walking on thin ice.

"These are my new vampires in training. Ash and Ashley the twins." Jay introduced. Both their blue eyes glanced at me at the same time.

Put on the spot I felt the need to introduce myself even though they already knew who I was. "Hello, I'm Natalie."

"Nice to meet you," Ashley said briefly before glancing at Orlando, giving him all her attention. Her sultry eyes lingered on him before she looked at Jay, waiting for his next command.

"Hello," Ash said emotionless. "Please forgive my outburst."

"Jay will decide what he wants to do, I trust his judgment," Orlando said while taking a step closer to him threateningly. "Just know that I'm not someone you want to cross. So don't touch anything of mine, including her."

Orlando pointed at me making me roll my eyes at his words.

"I'm not yours," I stated, still angry at the fact that he lied when I asked him why he turned my sister. This man was dangerous in many ways mostly because I was too navie. If I didn't put up walls against him then I'll be putty in his hands.

"Not yet," Orlando muttered under his breathe. I narrowed my eyes at him as he looked away nonchalantly as if he didn't mutter that out loud. Did he think once he found my sister everything would be just peachy?

"We are going on a hunt to look for her sister. No one touches her either. Ana needs some distance so wait for her to come to you willingly. She is still young, scared obviously, so don't say anything until I get there." The twins nodded at Orlando like little soldiers as his words set into demands they could not ignore. Jay stayed silent still sitting down with his hand to his chin thinking hard enough he was scrunching up his eyebrows.

"Jay? Are you listening?" Orlando questioned setting a hand on his shoulder from behind.

"Sorry, it's just how do you plan on dealing with her if she's not herself. If I'm correct she was sick before she turned. The transition to a vampire can be complicated. We don't know what we are dealing with. We need to be prepared, especially against a Wilhart." Jay looked worried as he spoke, just realizing things were more complicated. If we didn't go around it the right way then things could get messy.

"What are you trying to say? That my sister changed into a sick vampire?" I asked confused.

"He means that she wasn't her normal self when she changed so she's not going to be her normal self as a vampire. She could be trigged with certain things, she is fresh out the sack, so to speak, everything is amplified as it is without control. She could be a threat to humans." Orlando said crossing his arms over his impressively defined chest. "A threat to vampires."

"I can talk to her," I said and once it left my lips Orlando shook his head no immediately. "I'm the only person that can make her realize she's human on the inside."

"That's a possibility," Jay whispered causing Orlando glared down at him. Jay shrunk back in his seat with his cold look not wanting to be in the line of fire.

"A dangerous one," Orlando stated with a sour expression.

"Get me as close as you can and I will make her remember, trust me." They all saw the desperation on my face and knew I had something up my sleeve. Ana was my sister, my best friend, there has to be a way to get back to normal.

Slowly Orlando nodded. "If that doesn't work then I'll call for backup, we can't come charging first."

After discussing the little details Jay and his twins left leaving us alone to search for my sister. Orlando set his blue eyes on me as a lion does to his prey. I wasn't going to run away, hell no, not after all he's done. I know for a fact that I have an indescribable feeling for him but I wasn't going to let him use me or my sister.

This is the part where I needed to get control of my emotions, grow some lady balls to handle Orlando. It was hard ignoring those smoldering blue eyes framed with long black eyelashes. I didn't let my pulse quicken as he walked over to me slowly with long strides.

"Tell me who you are," I said looking at him up and down. "Why shouldn't someone want to cross you?"

"I am one of the first born vampires this world created. Crossing me is like crossing a thousand vampires at my beck and call. I've worked for everything I own with my bare hands. I will kill anyone who dares cross my path. I've done it many times before." Orlando's dark voice almost made me lose the tight control over my fear. I didn't care what or who he was, he could shove that where the sun doesn't shine. He was messing with my sister once they found her so my mama bear instinct was on full drive.

"You know I'm a Wilhart," I said. "The same kind that gave you that scar. If you mess with my sister you mess with me. Sure, I know nothing about your world but I will make it my life mission to destroy yours if you ever cross me like that again. Turning my sister into a vampire for your personal gain." I made sure not to break my eye contact with him as I spoke since I was dead serious and I wanted him to know.

Orlando raised an eyebrow at my words, surprised I would stand up to him.

"Are you threatening me?" He questioned surprised evident in his voice.

"My sister is the only family member I have. You think just because I'm asking you for help in finding her means I'm going to let her be part of your vampire squad?" I asked him as he looked down at me, those eyes were glowing red now. He was angry but it had no effect over me in the slightest with my own rage burning inside of me.

"It's too fucking late to go back now, sweetie." He grabbed my chin with his fingers as he slowly bent his head to come closer. His soft musk filled my lungs, numbing my head from rational thoughts for a brief second. "She's part of my lineage until she dies. As for you..." Orlando trailed off looking down at my trembling lips that gave away my emotions.

"You have my blood flowing through your veins, you can not get me out of your system even if you tried." With that said he walked off leaving in the room alone with Jay. I was angry at myself more than at him. I shouldn't have gone to that damn Blood Drive in the first place. The moment I stepped in I was stepping foot into a trap of his.

I was in Orlando's world now but he had a thing coming if he thinks he can have me.