Chapter 13, the dragons rage

The doctors fears were coming to life as Neon began to lose the sanity he's been fighting to keep but the assassin finally did it, he pissed off the dragon that had nothing left to lose. His mind corrupted with the memories of losing the ones close to him, his spines grew larger and claws sharpened enough to cut through metal, teeth turn fangs thirsty for blood, wings grew purple spikes along the edges, his feet burn the floor with intense heat. "Everyone to the tardis now!" The doctor called, everyone rushed to get inside of the tardis while Neon and Athan were left behind.

Doctor: everyone inside? Good
Rainbow dash: what about Neon? He's still out there
Doctor: that's not neon anymore
Scope: why is that?!?
Doctor: because something happened.
Canvas: what happened?
Doctor:.......

The doctor didn't want to tell anyone what's wrong with Neon, he was afraid that they wouldn't understand and try to fight. He flew the tardis out of the battleground getting everyone to a safe distance. Everyone wondered what was going on in rainbow dash's home as each passing second worried everyone especially Derpy since she cared about Neon as much as she loves the doctor. Derpy knew very well what happened to him but she couldn't do anything, the doctor decided that he will tell them what's happening to Neon even knowing the risks

The doctor: if you want to know what happened to Neon and why he's acting like this, he was cursed during one of our adventures. The being who cursed him wa-

Before he could explain it a huge explosion rocked the ground as Neon and Athan battles in the sky like angels fighting demons, the thing is: Neon is the demon and the assassin is the angel. Neon let's out a napalm stream of purple fire burning the air, the assassin dodges the fire but his leg gets burned to dust and to the assassins surprise: his leg didn't grow back like it usually would, the fire kept it from growing. Burning away the cells that allow the regeneration process, without that his leg is as good as gone. Athan for the first time ever, he was afraid. He was afraid of dying, as much as he wants to deny that he's going to die. The doctor knew that Neon couldn't hear a word that anyone was saying because it's no him, it's a whole different being that's controlling him. He didn't want to kill Neon but he doesn't know how to get Neon back, it was either kill or be killed for everyone. Neon's appearance changed dramatically, his face cracked with a purple glow, eyes turn dark, sombra's curse is now in full effect taking over Neon's mind at a fast pace. The doctor needed to find a way to calm Neon. He knows he loves Derpy but he doesn't to see Derpy get hurt.

Doctor: Derpy I have an idea but I'm not sure if it will work..
Derpy: what is it doc?
Doctor: can you try to calm him down?
Derpy: I don't know..... I'm scared
Doctor: don't worry I'm here

Derpy hesitated going near Neon knowing he's gone berserk and violently burning everything around him in a purple blaze having no control over what he's doing around him, the real Neon hears a faint voice calling out to him. It was derpy reaching out to him trying to get him back to reality.

Derpy: Neon!
Neon: D- Derpy? Where am I? Derpy?!?

Neon was trapped in his own mind unable to break free. A shadow appears in front of him with a familiar voice, the only pony that has the power to place a curse that can make the strongest pony into the most destructive force on the face of the universe. Equestria's very own demon.

Neon: sombra.....
Sombra: hello Neon, at last we finally meet face to face. Mehehehehehe
Neon: where am I?!?!
Sombra: your own subconscious little scale
Neon: what am I doing here?!?
Sombra: you're my audience, who else is gonna watch me burn this land? The best part is: no one suspects it's me

Neon couldn't do anything but watch As sombra burns everything around him, Neon sees his friends in the chaos near the tardis. His heart races as he fears that Derpy and the others will burn along with entire forest.

Neon: stop this now! Stop this!
Sombra: I see you're afraid for your friends, how about we turn up the heat shall we?

Neon's body was lit a blaze with purple fire all around. lightning struck around his body and the others. the doctor notices in Neon's eye turn normal for a few seconds. "he-help......me", the real Neon reached out for a precious few seconds then sombra soon regained control over his mind. The doctor paces back and forth thinking how on equestria can he get Neon back without killing him on the spot......