Chapter 12, the assassins riddles

Athan was stubborn to give any straight answers but instead spoke in riddles. Riddle after riddle, piece by piece of the puzzle he slowly told the truth but we needed to figure out what he was saying. We needed the doctor. Rainbow dash contacted the doctor and when he arrived, he made one hell of a appearance along with derpy, the two of them were tougher to break than my own scales.

Neon: good to see you again doctor, like old times.
The doctor: alright what's the problem? Riddles or puzzles?
Neon: riddles from the worlds most dangerous assassin.
Derpy: you captured the Athan?!?!
Neon and doctor: EXACTLY
Neon: jinx!! Now I get to drive the tardis
Doctor: damn it, anyways what are the riddles?

I explained to him the riddles the assassin keeps babbling about but even the doctor needed help figuring it out and since I was his partner before derpy I decided to help out. We pondered as day turned into night, night turn into day the riddles ringing in my head non-stop. His words driving me to my limits of my sanity, the assassin waited and waited for the right time to strike and I didn't want to allow him to even see that chance. After a week of speculation of figuring out why he was after me if it wasn't the bounty they out on my head then it had to be something I held dear to me. I knew what he wanted, he wanted sharpspear's locket. A gift from a dear friend who died too soon, but why would he want the locket instead of the bounty he talked so highly of? I needed to find out.

Neon: ok I figured you out assassin but why? Why would you want my locket? Tell me why.
Athan: he who holds something dear will lose his insanity......hahahahahahaha
Neon: tell me why!
Doctor: neon, calm down or "it" will take over you again
Neon: I know I know, thanks for reminding me.

The assassin saw the opportunity to corrupt me, get me over the edge. To make me unleash what the doctor told me to keep wrapped away, to be forgotten but it has scarred me for so long it's impossible to forget any trace of it. The darkness locked up inside waiting patiently to be lashes out and take over my mind once more. I fought as hard as I could but the urge to let it free was so much I barely held it off

Athan: you have a dark power in you scales one
Neon: that's none of your business.
Doctor: be careful about what you say around neon, you don't want it to get ugly or perhaps deadly

The doctor brought the only weapon that can permanently kill the assassin, the dagger bathed in green dragon blood that flowed through my veins. If it so much as drops on one of his wounds the wound will never heal but the blood must come in contact with the wound or it won't work. So the doctor brought a dagger that causes no pain when being used but is sharper than the blade I forged. The assassin laughed in insanity as I drew my blood onto the blade knowing what will happen if I stab him in his black heart.

Neon: now then..... Shall we begin doctor?
Doctor: let's do it

I cut off Athan's fingers one by one trying to get straight answers, the assassins will was strong but I keep at it. After cutting all of his fingers he didn't say anything, I assume he's trying to get on my nerves and try to make me go insane.

Athan: remember your friend....sharpspear was it?
Neon: don't you ever say his name
Athan: getting a little touchy our we?
Neon: I said shut up!
Doctor: calm down neon

Neon's eye pupil turned primal as the doctor feared, he tried his best to calm down but Neon's spikes glow black as night, purple energy surged violently around him and the wings. The curse the doctor remembered when they were companions has finally shown itself in person, everyone gasped in horror at Neon when he went over the edge. The prophesy of the dark dragon begins..........