He's Just a Phase Right? [Sexcapades]

The next morning you woke up toasty warm. You looked down at the jacket, smiling.

Outside, the sun wasn't even up yet. The other girls slept on in their beds. Except, you noticed as your eyes came to the empty bed beside yours, for Hermione. Curious, you tip-toed down the stairs, stopping when you heard voices in the common room. You scaled the wall, peeking around the corner at the bottom step. Hermione and Harry sat on the couch, both looking worried.

"She keeps disappearing for hours at a time. Something isn't right," Harry said, resting his head in his hands.

"Don't worry, Harry. I'm sure she's just going for walks like she says she is," Hermione said, although her voice sounded unconvinced.

"You and I both know that isn't true. I mean, it's obvious she's sneaking around with someone," he said sadly. There was a moment of silence.

"Harry honestly! You know this is all your fault," she said. He stared daggers at her.

"My fault! How?" he asked.

"Well, if you talked to her about this 2 years ago we wouldn't be in this mess now, would we?" she said.

"You know I couldn't do that! With her mom and everything," Harry said, lowering his voice even though nobody else was in the room. Hermione's face fell a little.

"I still can't believe she had to go through that. If my mother had died I would--" she stopped. Her eyes widened at the realization of what she had just said. Harry sat back slowly, and you saw the sadness in his eyes.

"Oh Harry, I'm sorry," she said. He shook his head. Then, he rose and turned to the boys dormitories.

"I need to shower and change," he muttered. With that he left. You quickly stood and hid behind a bookcase while Hermione was looking the other way. You watched as she disappeared up the staircase to the girls dormitories. You knew she would notice you gone, so you hurried out of the common room, still in your pajama pants and Draco's jacket. You pulled it closed and crossed your arms over your chest as you walked down to the Great Hall.

Breakfast wasn't open yet, so you went outside. You walked across the grounds until something caught your eye. A black dot flying around above the Quidditch Stadium. You trekked down to the stadium, pulling Draco's jacket closed to shield your body from the cold. You entered, reaching the stairs and peeking over the railing. The zooming dot still flew around above you head. Something caught your eye on a bench to the right of you by the home team changing rooms. You got closer, taking in the old beat up cover and the familiar dog-eared pages.

Candescence by James Kole.

You looked back up at the dot to see it was coming straight at you. Draco landed on the grass next to the stands and hopped off his broom.

"Hey," he said, leaning his broom against the wall, and taking off his gloves. He acted so nonchalant. Like it was perfectly normal for you to show up there. Expected, even.

"Hey," you said, equally cool. You turned your gaze away, watching the sunrise out over the lake. Draco came up beside you.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" you asked, nodding towards the sunrise.

"The most beautiful thing I've ever seen," Draco said, not taking his eyes off of you. You pretended not to notice.

"Do you ever wish that you could have just one day where you were free from everything? Free from the obligations and the expectations everyone has of you," you asked.

"Every day I wish that," he whispered. You sat and watched the rest of the sunrise. You felt his warm fingers wrap around your hand. "Well, no time like the present," he said.