CAUGHT YOU

Chapter:9

3rd person's point of view:

"So bad Nawal couldn't come for the voting ." Faridha said to Nusaiba . They both were ascending the stairs to go to their classroom . The girls were very upset . It has been nearly two weeks since the voting was done . The boys were practically owning the sports category . But a few girls like Raheela , Misba , Faridha , Jessie , Tasneem and Nusaiba were able to make it as prime candidates . Nothing was decided yet .

The teachers knew Nusaiba's mother very well and that gave her a plus point . Raheela was very good in sports so she and Mariam were able to make it as candidates only in sports field as vice captains . Jessie was particularly fantastic in her house which made her the candidate to captain and Irfan as the vice captain .

Then in studies alone Irfan , Sania , Shirley and Isaac were able to make it as candidates .

Faridha made it in the communication and literary part.  Tasneem made it as the advisor to the council members .

It was the third week Nawal was absent to school and the days were becoming duller for the girls .

"It feels like a year has been over without Nawal ." Nusaiba said . "Days are running quite slow . And lunch breaks are the longest ."

"I hope she gets better ." Faridha said worried .

"I heard from her mom ." Nusaiba said looking dull.

"Mmm...hmm.."

"She said that she isn't getting any better." Nusaiba said concerned . Her expression showed her sadness .

"She said the same to me."

They reached their classroom . The teacher took attendance . Faridha and Nusaiba sat next to each other .

"Sania was angry ." Faridha continued.

"Why?" Nusaiba asked .

"Irfan bet her in the scores. The teachers said that it's a pain to cut his marks." Faridha said grinning.

"Um...you mean?"

"It's difficult you know." Faridha said and giggled quietly , so that the teacher couldn't hear them talking . It was a quick change of topics .

Zenani mam came inside the class and spoke to the class teacher . The teacher was nodding her head .

"Gals, you have the badge distribution today after your break at 7th period."
Zenani ma'am said and walked out . She was having a straight face all the while she was in the class . The only odd sight was her impossible to miss dark circles .

"After lunch." Faridha corrected after the teacher left .

"It's so funny ." A voice suddenly spoke from front . The 2 alarmed girls looked front and saw a smiling Tasneem .

"What is ?" A girl called Haneesha asked . She is Tasneem's benchmate .

" The way Zenani ma'am says gals instead of girls ." Tasneem said and started giggling .

"What do we do?" Faridha asked . The question caused some tension .

"We'll discuss during lunch ." Nusaiba said looking wary .

"You think Irfan will help us decide ?" Faridha asked .

"What do you expect ? Faridha is asking about Irfan ." Tasneem teased her with humour in her eyes .

"It-it's not what you think . Look , he's great help when it comes to this issue . That's all ." Faridha quickly defended herself with a waver in her voice and a horrified look on her face .