PHYSICAL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT

Chapter:5

3rd person's POV:

It is usual for the school to conduct a meeting between teachers and the principal once a week . All the teaching departments are covered within a month every month . The same happens this month too .

        The teachers of the physical training department meet at the principals office for an important meeting with the principal. The department is pretty small with around 5 teachers at most .

"So , what is it that you have decided? " the principal asks the teachers.

The female teacher Zenani responds with respect in her voice . "We have decided to make it as an election to be conducted ."

"And why is that so?" The principal who's normally uninterested in these lame meetings seemed all ears now .

"It's because , every year the students feel that the unworthy becomes the leader . And in order to remove that feeling from their hearts we are conducting an entire event. And as for the election part . We will choose the best 4 candidates and we will let the entire school vote on a Saturday . This way the person who majority of them feel is worthy to lead will lead . Also , this will satisfy the students that , the person who is worthy of the leadership is the one leading." Zenani finishes explaining . She looks down assessing her papers , making sure that they are in order so the principal doesn't mess up anything later .

"Interesting, anything else? " the principal asks sitting in his chair putting his left leg on his right and staring at Zenani intently .

Sunil sir says ,"Yes , sir-" And he was interrupted by the principal.

"I was asking Zenani!" He says tearing Sunil apart. Sir put his head down and felt embarrassed.

"A-Also sir , this leader will continue leading for 2 years and if the leader leaves in between his/her ruling time the candidate who got the second majority will lead . This way we can avoid some problem ."

"Well done , well done , Zenani . Very clever ."

"Sir , Actually the entire department discussed it." Zenani says .

The principal eyes the rest of the teachers .

"But most of it was Zenani's intelligence , sir ." The other teacher says.

"Perfect now you all may leave." The principal says . Then he calls out Zenani sharply. Zenani stops and looks at the principal. Then all of them leave . "Close the door ." He says.

Zenani closes the door ."It's almost lunch break . Do you know that ?" He asks.

"Y-yes , sir ." Zenani says . Her eyes cast down.

"You see.  This student of class 9th 'MISBA'. Her father has given a total of 1 lakh-"

"sir" Zenani interrupts frozen by hearing what the principal has said.

"Yes . Whatsoever happens. She should become the school prep ."

"But sir , what benefit will it do ? We don't have any shortage in money ." Zenani's body shivers .

"Look , he is making a five year deal with us . This will help our school pay the teachers more . Also , we can buy enough props for the sports day and the annual day . The students can go to field trip like before . We can improve our van facilities and also sanitation facilities . Do you get it ?" The principal asks with a wicked grin .

"Y-yes s-sir" She says scared. Zenani moves one step back . And turns to open the office door . "Zenani!" The principal calls with a soft voice that thretens her . Making the fear walk through her spine . "Do you want a bonus in your salary ?" He asks . "I-I'm fine , sir ." She say and quickly makes her way out.

He made it very clear before leaving that the students should not know , nor should any other teacher .

A bribe maybe a bribe but it's still money and the principal needed it . He has to pay off a loan , which he borrowed from a loan shark . He might not live to see the next day if he doesn't make the payment by the end of the month . Now that he doesn't have to share he seemed more happy and triumphant with a wicked smile on his lips .

Zenanni's POV:

   This wasn't a usual instance . But it has happened before.  Taking advantage of a person's vulnerable state is what this calculative and cunning principal does . And the outcome is usually him getting benefitted while the victim and all the others involved suffer .

  There has been a few times when he has used my vulnerable state . When he does that it's usually my job which I desperately need that will be hanging by a thread . But that day , which I remember very clearly . I never took him for such a person . I didn't know that he was someone that I already knew .

  In fact , he was my senior in the college I studied . He was my bully , but the coat and suit he wore at the desk made him look unrecognisable to me . But he had recognised me as soon as he saw my resume . And he hired me to used me for his dirty works , so that I can hide his tracks .

   I didn't realise who he was until one day I opened my apartment and found him sitting on my reclining chair with my little sister by his side . It was scary to say the least . I had tried my level best to hide my bruises from my sister all those days during college .

  That day he left me with bruises on my hands , legs and face . As soon as he left , I had spilled my guts to my little sister . She was full on crying . It was something that I wished to never happen to her . I learned self defence just to take care of her , but it was all rendered useless in front of that man .

My father died when my sister turned 5 . My mother who was supposed to take care of us left us as soon as I turned 18 and my little sister 12 . Sisters usually fight a lot , but not us . I never had the time , and fighting won't bring food to the table . I worked 2 jobs and studied simultaneously . It was hard , but I'm a women and I managed . But it wasn't fun showing up to my workplace black and blue .

It is a crime to bully others , it is a crime to abandon the children you give birth to , it is a crime to threaten an employee with their job , it is a crime to force someone into doing something they don't want to and every single thing has already happened in my life and I was angry .

And I'm ready to rat out on this annoying , abusive and cruel punk .

I'm just waiting for the right moment to arrive .

.
.
.
.
.