SPREADING RUMOURS

Chapter :7

Nawal's POV :

     Me and my friends were having an intense conversation about what we just witnessed . Well , in all honesty they were discussing and I was keeping quiet and listening , just as usual . And that's when -

"Hey girls ."

We all jumped up from our seats as if we were doing something wrong . Only to realise that it was that annoying idiot Irfan .

"Isn't it rude to spy on others?" Faridha asked him with clenched teeth .

"Really , I could ask you girls the same ." He said smiling sheepishly.

"What in the green turning to black Earth does that mean ?" Tasneem said glaring at him .

I guess we all behave weird when we get caught . Anybody will melt with fear by that stare but somehow he did not . Guess , it's true that he's naive .

"Well , I guess that has to do something with a particular sports teacher ." He said smiling evilly .

"When there are so many girls why do you bother only us ?" Tasneem asked frustrated.

"Wait ! What do you know? Tell us !?" Nusaiba said looking eager .

"You don't know ?" He asked looking surprised . Itseems that he assumed we knew everything about it , but just realised that we don't . He was half right anyways . She just wanted to know how far he's aware of the situation .

"Tell us , now ." Faridha sent daggers at him .

"You know , you gotta be nice if you want to actually know what I know ." And he threw a stupid smirk at her .

Ya you guessed it , she was fuming .

You suck Faridha said quietly . But he heard it and it somehow seemed to have upset him . "Maybe I am bothering you , afterall." He said . He sounded dejected .

"Faridha !!!!" Tasneem gave her a glare .

She stared at him as if she wanted to tear him apart and then burn him down . He looked kinda dull . But just as he was about to leave Faridha apologised .

"OK , I'll give you that bit of information." He said .

"I'm sure it's going to be nonsense." Faridha complained .

"I'm not sure whether it will be useful . But anyways here , listin-." He said . And Faridha interrupted.

"I told you ! It's not useful."
She was angry somehow.

"Shut up !" We all chorused .

"Before you interrupt me again , Zenani mam is not doing it on her own , she isn't doing any of this willingly . The principal ordered her. And Misba's dad loves his daughter (misba). And grants her whatever she asks with his wealth . And this time Misba  probably wanted to become the school prep , which we all know is not an easy ladder to climb . And Misba is not even the smartest in her class . So , my hypothesis is that she cried about her pathetic situation to her father and he paid a lump sum of money to the principal to somehow make her an eligible candidate for that position and also make her win the entire election so she can ultimately become the school president ." He finished with a satisfied look .

Our jaws dropped.

"How are you so sure?" Nusaiba asked , not entirely convinced .

"Well , my dad's best friend is the principal's assistant you see. I heard it from him . And if I'm not wrong that's what you girls have been trying to find out . Isn't it? " He said looking proud .