File 14: Horrors of Dulce

[>--------------------------------------

File 14: Horrors of Dulce

Location: Archuleta Mesa, Dulce, New Mexico

[>--------------------------------------

I followed my dad's footsteps and also... walked right through the woman that stood in front of me, as clear as the walls of the elevator were.

I felt absolutely no resistance... no ectoplasm as people claim to have when they walk through a ghost...

oh wait, this place is alien high-tech... so was that really a ghost?

As the three of us headed away from the lift doors I stopped to look back at the woman...

She was still there!!!

She had turned around and was facing me. I swear I heard a feminine giggle. A lock of her curly red hair trailed over her elbow and one just between her eyes.

Her gentle and assuring face was melting something in my mind.

She reached a hand out to me and caressed my face.

To my shock and surprise I felt the texture of her skin touch my cheek... the warmth of the palm of her hand... the subtle perfume off her also wafted towards me.

"H-hello?" I didn't know what else to say.

This gorgeous redhead was here... but how did she... earlier...?

I heard dad smirk behind me and their footsteps stopped.

"Miranda, stop teasing him."

The pleasant expression on the redhead's face slid into an angry glare to my dad as she straightened up and gave him the finger.

"I just wanted to have some fun, dammit!"

And with that she turned away, flicked her hair and disappeared right into thin air right infront of the three of us, with the bodyguard stepping through where Miranda had just been. Thus, spoiling the moment entirely.

There was silence... apart from dad clearing his throat a bit for me to turn around.

"Zat iss one off our Kinetic Telepresence specialists. Miranda must have a thing for you if she let you feel her. Hah, vemen. So picky."

"Ah, Dr. Emmett, I really doubt Rick's mind is strong enough to stand any more of this level. We should return and head downwards.

Dad only later explained to me that Miranda was also the head of Telepresence Security here and they no longer needed cameras or actual guards because of odd threats and odd people. The Security Level was only partially made redudant. There were guards around, but dad didn't even know that.

The four of us did an about-face and headed straight back to the elevator door. That was the shortest tour of the level I had ever seen... but I know best to accept dad's advice when dealing with hot ladies that disappear infront of me without a kiss... leave while the going is good, heh.

"Zhen ve shall continue straight to vhere zhe fun beginss." God, that accent just made me feel like I should laugh, but this is his place so best to hold it in. The bodyguard would probably break my legs if that happened.

I looked back at him just for a moment.

I know when to keep myself out of unnecessary fights, plus I don't want my nose broken... again.

The doctor placed his hand on the closed lift doors and again his hand print and readout near it were brought up again... I guess at some point he entered where we were going because we all headed inside and once again there was that familiar yellow light and circle that were at the top right of the door once we were on our way.