File 06: Father-Son dialogue

[>--------------------------------------<]

File 06: Father-Son dialogue

Location: Sierra Army Depot, California, USA

[>--------------------------------------<]

Dad soon recovered fully and continued his service in the military. Apart from a series of bruises and temporary deafness he wasn't in too bad shape. He was glad that he could walk freely again. That was the only thing that he was really worried about. He could live with a few cracked ribs or even a broken jaw, but he needed his legs more than anything.

Personally I need my mouth more, haha.

Dad felt it was very odd that he didn't have a finger chopped off or a nail pulled out. That was not only common knowledge but it was common experience from veteran soldiers. Not that that was specific mistreatment from Afghanistan but treatment as POW's in general during interrogations in any place where people inflict pain to induce outpourings of information. Either way he was grateful to be back on home soil and with all parts accounted for.

He was sent out for one more sortie in Afghanistan and returned safe and sound. That took only a few hours, not an entire day, but I was still worried- I mean concerned about my dad.

Girls worry, guys get concerned.

A while later we were informed that the commander and the committee soon decided not to send him to Afghanistan for a period of time in case any more people are watching from a distance and taking estimations and measurements to improve possible replica exo suits, or even a possible abduction and re-interrogation.

They were watching from sleeper cells within the local militia and other hidden groups for the origins and leaders of the initial attack group.

It turns out that this was not a common group. Dad recalled that after an intense beating and interrogation the man who asked the questions and seemed to be the boss was nothing special in his own way.

He was just a local, and so were all the other people in the tunnels, who were stirred on by agitators to fight for an unknown cause. They were just pawns.

We were right to use tranquilizer rounds!!!

Too bad for those guys in the lower chambers. We had no choice but to spray them with lead. We were outnumbered and I wasn't fast enough. I wanted to knock them out, but I'd never run immediately from kicking a large heavy door down. Apart from that, I was mainly joining the squad, KONG, the leader, was in charge of how things were executed.

Dad and I were then asked to perform a simple recon mission together to observe our teamwork while putting the facilities of the exos to the best of our abilities.

We obviously accepted, mostly out of duty, but also because we were both eager to work together on a mission with exos.

This time we were sent to a city in Iraq. We were mainly there to observe the movements of specific targets and report back their patterns and habits of movement. Despite that, we were to prepare for close quarters skirmishes just in case. There would be civilians around so we were to take careful shots and not reveal out post.

Urban combat was not new to me, but in an exo... it would be.

So here we were. In a black hawk headed to our assignment.

[>--------------------------------------<]

"You sure you're set here? There's no turning back once we're there."