File 12: To Dulce Mesa

[>--------------------------------------<]

File 12: To Dulce Mesa

Location: Sierra Army Depot, California, USA

[>--------------------------------------<]

Dad stayed with Eric for quite some while everyone else headed out for their own things to do. Apart from that... ugh, Dad's last words echoed in my head.

'They were probably looking for me..."

I had a sickening feeling in my stomach that that was gonna bite us in the rear some day soon...

[>--------------------------------------<]

Much later Dad and I met up and had a chat about improvements to the suits and how things should be adjusted for better use and comfort.

I always had a lingering doubt about whether these suits were overkill for the type of work we usually did.

Bullets and blades were nothing to us.

Dad couldn't get shot at in point blank range to the head!

I avoided the question that was on my mind about the MRV and his last few words. The last look that I took into the army tent gave me a glimpse of what Eric looked like when he was angry.

If you've ever seen a muscle car growling and lurching forward just when it was limbering up for a street drag race then you would have seen that on Eric's face with his six, ram-air hood-scoop-like noses all flaring.

I had a feeling he wasn't angry at dad...

Apparently dad's disregard for chain of command at that time was okay seeing as the situation required a quick, experienced response, but the way that various people on-hand were present to salvage pieces of the craft was questionable.

Eric knew that there were sleeper cells in the base that would not accept such news without arousing problems, all concerning the events that happen here from time to time.

Eric was also angry and concerned about the safety of people in the vicinity in general so I know he would have spoken about that. He must have discussed with Dad who the possible sources are for this threat.

[>--------------------------------------<]

At present, Dad eventually asked me what was on my mind and I asked him if there were any tougher missions to really test the limits and different abilities of the exos. I didn't dig too deep into the other topic...

Dad laughed, considering we were in life and death missions already,

"Don't you get cocky son, we've been through quite a lot as it is."

I nagged like a 4-year-old for more action, not for the bloodshed, but more out of curiosity concerning the suits abilities that I had not yet seen. Already I have seen Precognitive Tactile Protection working its magic in my personal experience and dad even showed me several times when he actively and personally controlled the material of the suit to what he needed, once to cover his body as armour cladding and again when he needed to lift a car and chuck it a mile!

Because that was entirely necessary that time... yup...

Dad was looking over some mission paperwork and I peeked over his shoulder. I was at the disposal of the military now so I was privy to some  mission papers.

"So, you want more action, huh? Are you ready to play with the big boys then?" Dad gave me a grin and reached an arm around me.

"KONG and BRIGGS are big boys enough aren't they?" I asked. Dad had something on his mind and I was determined to find out where this was headed to.