File 11: Eye in the Sky, Brain in a Jar

[>--------------------------------------<]

File 11: Eye in the Sky, Brain in a Jar

Location: Carpark, Sierra Army Depot, California, USA

[>--------------------------------------<]

To help ease both our minds we went around with the squad in looking at the various amusements of the base.

Believe me, all people (not just men) are still kids at heart when they have not been or seen things.

SIERRA stayed around the armory and her hobby was weapons cleaning and was a part time close combat trainer here.

Dad and most of the squad stayed around there to check their gear and have some clips topped up.

After a while KONG and RUSSELL decided to show off their cars which were at the front carpark. It was a good walk to it, but it was well worth it.

God, I love American Muscle.

We actually spent a few hours there, just talking about the parts and maintenance as well as how good the rides were. I told them about my Mustang and dad told some tales of my many mishaps during working on it myself. Ugh, dad...

[>--------------------------------------<]

"What exactly are you looking at?"

Dad asked me earlier the same thing while were just in the middle of checking out some of the other cars in the carpark, but this time dad turned around.

"Right there!" I stretched out my arm and pointed to the object whizzing in a spiral along a horizontally aligned plane crossing the airspace in an zone just a few miles off.

Dad, reacted like any marine would and questioned the nearest person if they can see it too. RUSSELL was just walking away from the hood of his car when he was jerked by my dad to confirm a dot in the sky that was way too big to be a fly.

"What- hey, what the heck is that?" RUSSELL joined me in straining to see the spot in the sky that was growing in size as it moved diagonally, then took a sudden 90 degree turn to head straight in our direction.

So that makes 3 people. Dad and I and now RUSSELL could see that... uh, thing. I wouldn't say  bird as it was big, but I wouldn't say plane because it didn't have wings-  so... superman?

"Dad," I shook dad out his own curiousity and asked, "Is that ours?"

Dad's face was already a little pale at seeing it head for us, but my question rang through his head like a 'Did you pay the bill?'-question and spurned him to action.

Dad took out his phone and immediately contacted the air control tower nearby,

"This is Phoenix calling Tower. Tell me you can see the bogie on your 6?"

Dad put it on speakerphone and part of me knew what they'd say before they said it.

"This is Tower... what bogie, sir? I see nothin' on radar and no one is scheduled to come-"

"I know what we can see with my own eyes! Take a look outside! Tell- me- what- that- is?!"

There was a momentary scuffle in the background as the other people in the air control tower looked outside and all gazed in wonder at what the object in the sky was...

"Oh, that thing is back and it's getting too close for comfort... It's not ours sir. Everyone, evacuate all ground personnel. Scramble the jets!"

[>--------------------------------------<]