File 07: Factory Let-out

[>--------------------------------------<]

File 07: Factory Let-out

Location: 12 miles off "Dead See Works Ltd" Chemical Plant, Israel

[>--------------------------------------<]

Around a week after returning from Iraq and having some R&R, Dad had been assigned to go with the squad to a chemical factory in Israel where they would stop unwanted use of the plant.

Dad requested that I join and I was eager to be in a mission where any extra eyes were needed.

Heck, maybe I'd get to see the PTP  (Precognitive Tactile Protection) of the exos working some more in my case.

Seriously, that feeling of invulnerability is addictive!!!!!

Oh, the two of us couldn't wait to see what else the suits could do! Eric was also interested in this too. He wanted to see our progress in usimg the suits, not for his own benefit, but because dad was his good friend and he was glad that he could walk and fight now despite his back.

Dad and I had a whole new playground to figure it all out.

[>--------------------------------------<]

Before I knew it dad and I were riding a chinook along with our squad to the processing plant. Everyone welcomed dad back to regular duty. Ah, this was his squad after all. They didn't leave me out of the circle, but I wasn't exactly a regular here.

We all settled into the flight and engaged in friendly chatter to pass the time.

SIERRA inevitably told my dad, "Hey Nathan, I bet you'd like to know your son has the same taste in women as you do."

"Really. Is that so?"

Dad gave me a cheeky smirk and stood up from his seat. He headed towards SIERRA and gave her the treatment that she had been telling me about earlier.

First a tickle from the side then a caress and a kiss up the back of her ears to make her laugh in her adorable way.

She didn't resist of course.

She loved him.

I could tell.

While she was catching her breath Dad embraced her... like a lover.

I always kept the thought that mum was always watching us and was probably furious, but for the moment, while watching her panting and dad saying sweet nothings to her while the rest of the squad watched or were busy with tech reconfigurations...

Dad looked okay... he held her in his arms like she belonged there.

I was initially under the impression that he was a womanizer, but the way he held her was not to entice her.

The tickling was playful, not erotic.

The embrace was friendly and general.

His hands on her shoulders and nowhere else.

"You aren't holding back just because I'm here, are you?" I was curious what dad would do with this chide.

Dad just smiled and shook his head.

He loved her as much...

Just when I was about to ask something else the voice of the pilot came over the comm,

"We are receiving some reports from back home. Seems like there has been an incident with a strange UAV. It took off at Mach 2 as soon as choppers tried to approach it... It didn't look like much, just a fridge in the air."