Chapter 26

This is the end of the line for Annie Cresta :) I hope you enjoyed reading it just as much I enjoyed writing it. I give this last dedication to the person who had requested me to write this story in the first place. You knew that it wasn't in my comfort zone, but hey, it was a challenge. I didn't expect this to escalate into what it is now, so I have to thank all my readers for supporting me and urging me to update, or else, I never would have had the diligence to not be lazy and actually write and think. Thank you so so so much. I appreciate everything all the fans and readers have done to make this possible.

And now, the last chapter of The Hunger Games: Annie Cresta

~

So many voices. So many voices in my head. Make them stop. It’s dark though. Noise. So much noise. Questions. Flashing lights. Blood. Danny. Everything is together.

And suddenly, I am shaking. Shaking. The sound of screaming again. I’m getting tired of it.

But where am I?

“Annie, Annie, it’s okay! It was just a nightmare again,” Finnick says, waking me up and putting me around his arms again.

Yes. Finnick. He takes care of me now.

There were so many cameras when we got off the train. So many people. It scared me. I didn’t know who was after me. I didn’t know if they wanted to finish me off. I survived the arena. They don’t want me alive.

Come home, Serena said. Yes, I remember Serena.

She was smiling when I met her again. Finnick had said to go and give her the bracelet on my wrist, because I had promised that I would bring it back home to her. He said that it brought me good luck.

Yes. Serena Elodea. She had been kind to me, and she had thanked me for returning her token to her. She didn’t bother me like the others did.

My family. They were at my house. The new house. It is too large though. I scream too much. Finnick decided to take me in instead. My family didn’t complain.

Serena lives in the house beside Finnick’s. She comes by to give more ropes for me. I like making nets. Good distraction. From the blood. From the noise. From everything. Serena is a nice woman. When she can’t drop the ropes by herself, her son does it for her. He is a lot more quiet than she is, but he is kind as well, like his mother.

He talks to me though, and sometimes helps me start with the ropes. Finnick thanks him when he gets home.

I don’t go out much. I don’t like going out of the house, except maybe to sit by the ocean at the sand.

No more blood here. Just the sunset. Home looks nice. It looks better. Peaceful.

Mags goes as well. She doesn’t talk though, not like Serena or her son. Not like Finnick. Mags just sits there and keeps me company while I make knots. Knots. Knots. Nice and tight.