three

Liam's POV.

Before I could even process the looks on their faces, I burst out laughing, “That’s a good one!” I kept laughing loudly, not noticing the seriousness of the situation.

“We’re being completely serious.” Harry said firmly, obviously not liking me thinking that this is a humorous matter. “We want you to come home with us.”

My laughter died down to pitiful chuckles, looking at all of their confused faces. My eyes widened when I realized they were not kidding, “You’re joking right!? I don’t even know who you people are, I’m not going home with you.” I scoffed, turning away from them.

“You have to.”

I let out a breathless chuckle, already walking away from them, “No I don’t.”

“Yes, you do.” Someone grabbed my arm, spinning me back around to face the same four faces. “Look, you’re too young to be out on the streets, and we want to take you home. Maybe we can find your parents.”

I growled, my eyes narrowing at Zayn (the one that grabbed my arm), “I told you I don’t have parents!” I snapped, pulling my arm out of his grasp. “Leave me the fuck alone.”

“If you don’t have parents then we should take you to the orphanage.” Zayn commented, grasping my arm once again, this time tighter so I couldn’t escape.

“I’m not an orphan!” I shouted angrily, “I have a place I live at and I don’t need the help of strangers!”

“Where do you live?” Niall questioned confused.

I shot him a glare, “None of your business Blondie.”

“Actually it is our business,” Louis piped in, “It’s not legal for a kid your age to be on the streets without a legal guardian. We have every right to take you to an orphanage right now if we wanted to.”

“You can’t do that to me!” I screamed in rage, close to being in tears.

I didn’t want to go to an orphanage. I’ve heard about them from Spencer and I know I wouldn’t fit in a place like that. I’ve spent my most remembered years on the streets and I am perfectly fine at handling myself on my own, I don’t need some random guys telling me what to do.     

“Liam, we won’t hurt you.” Harry sighed, crouching down in front of me so he could be at my eye level, “We want to help you, okay? We just want to make sure you’re alright, love.”

I sniffled slightly from the cold whether, turning my face away from him, “I don’t need any of your help. I’m doing just fine on my own.” My voice was quiet when I spoke, trying to convince myself that I didn’t need the help that was being offered.

“How about we make you a deal, yeah?” Niall suggested, kneeling down beside Harry to meet my smaller frame as well. “You let us bring you to our house for at least a week. You’ll let us feed you, clean you...just genuinely take care of you.”

I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion; they want to take care of me?

“And after that week, if you really want to go back on the streets, we’ll let you.” Blondie finished, making my head shoot towards him in shock.

“You’ll let me?”

He nodded, “Yup. We promise to not try and take you to an orphanage or anything, we’ll just let you go on your own if that’s what you really want.”

I bit my lip in thought of his proposition. It’s only a week. I could leave right after that and never have these four idiots bother me again. I really could use some food in me to…I haven’t had a proper meal in…well for as long as I can remember. My parents never fed me right so I had to just prepare meals for myself with what ever leftovers I was given.