four

A/N: ANSWER QUESTION AT THE BOTTOM PLEASE!

-----

Liam’s POV.

I clutched Harry’s warm winter jacket closer to my body, shivering from the cold wind. It really wasn’t that bad of a walk now that I had a proper coat but I was still freezing like a popsicle.

I trudged up the weak wooden deck that led to the front door, taking small breaths to calm my nerves. I wasn’t exactly sure how the rest of the gang was going to react to me being back after curfew, there really wasn’t too many of us so it’s easy to tell when one of us is missing.

“Liam!” Spencer yelled as soon as the door was open. “What the fuck is wrong with you!? Where have you been!?”

“I-I needed to s-stay out a b-bit longer to c-collect money f-for the rent…” I stuttered out, not daring to make eye contact with the older member.

“It doesn’t matter!” He snapped, taking a rough hand to lift my chin and look at him, “No ones ever out on the streets past curfew, especially you.” He spoke low and threatening, keeping his jaw clenched so tightly that I was worried it would snap.

“B-But I would’ve been kicked out without the money, Spence…” My voice was small and timid, as it always is when I’m speaking to Spencer. He’s like an older protective brother who is always so worried about me, and I never like upsetting him.

“Li I would’ve paid for you, you know that bud.” His blue eyes softened, looking over my face for any injuries like he always does when I come home.

“But that’s just the thing Spence…” I sighed exasperatedly, pulling my face from his grasp and looking back at the ground, “I don’t want you to always pay for me. I want to be able to worry for myself. I always appreciate you looking out for me, but I’m not the same nine-year-old I was when you found me. I need to figure my life out on my own…and if I don’t succeed then…I deal with the consequences.” I raised my head hesitantly to see his shocked face. I almost was going to apologize until his face turned hard.

“No, you better listen to me Liam.” He snapped, harshly grabbing one of my shaking arms and jerking me close into his chest, “You never, ever get to talk to me like that. I’m the reason you’re still alive, do you understand? I’m not letting you screw up your life after I’ve spent five years fixing it!”

“Do you hear yourself!? You sound like you fucking own me! Well newsflash, you don’t!” I screamed angrily. This is what always happens between us. He gets too protective over me and acts like he rules my life.

“You know what!” He paused, heaving in heavy breaths through his nostrils in an attempt to find the right words, “J-Just…” He sighed moving his hands around exaggeratedly, “Go to your room. I don’t want to see you right now.”

“B-But, there’s something—“

Go!” He hollered, letting go of my arm and pushing me roughly towards the staircase that was right in front of us.

“Spencer—“ I paused, stopping the words from falling out of my mouth so I didn’t anger him any further.  “Yes sir…” I sighed, walking up the old stairs in defeat.

How am I suppose to go back to those men if I’m not allowed downstairs!?

I chuckled to myself; I knew exactly how I was going to get out.

It’s been an escape system ever since I was brought into this house—the window. It’s nothing new, I’ve done this numerous times when I’ve gotten in a fight with one of the other gang members and I just needed some fresh air.