five

Liam’s POV.

I groaned quietly, rolling over on my side. I felt at peace for some reason, never having felt this sort of warmth before.

With my brows furrowed, I slowly fluttered my eye lids open in confusion. My vision was blurred slightly, trying to focus to the lighting of the room I soon discovered I was in.

When my eyes fully adjusted, I gasped quietly. This room is big. Probably the largest room I’ve ever been in in my whole life. It was a plain room, the walls coated in a light beige and all the furniture looking of a darker wood. The comforter twirled around my small frame is a simple white, a pair of grey sheets under it.

I yawned, all the events of yesterday zooming across my brain in a flash. The last thing I remembered was a soft and calming voice singing me into unconsciousness. I am aware though about the four boys that are probably downstairs or sleeping somewhere in this house.

I sat up in the queen-sized bed, rubbing the heels of my hands in tired circles around my eyes. Once I could see everything a bit more clearly, I swung my legs over the edge of the bed. Something stopped me before I could rise though; it was a small sheet of paper lying on the bedside table with neat handwriting scribbled over it.

With a look of curiosity, I picked up the note and let my eyes scan over it.

Liam,

I hope you slept okay, we had to change you from the clothes you were in previously because they looked a bit too uncomfortable for night wear.

Just follow the steps right outside the bedroom and take a turn to the left at the bottom. The kitchen is straight ahead from there and that it is where we’re all probably sitting. Come down for breakfast when you’re ready :)

-H, N, L, Z xx

Looking down at my attire for confirmation, I realized that they actually did change me into different clothes. It was a simple V-neck T-shirt that I knew was double my size, and grey sweatpants that hung loosely around my slim waist.

I shivered a little in disgust when I realized that they had to have seen me in only my boxers to change me into other clothes. I didn’t like people seeing me half naked.

Standing up with a wide stretch, I cracked my joints back into place and let out another yawn. I was still a bit tired but my mouth watered too much at the thought of food to go back to sleep.

Tying the sweatpants tighter around my body, I looked at the four doors around me. Why would there possibly be four doors in a bedroom?
With curiosity getting the better of me, I opened the door that was directly in front of me. I gasped to myself. I have my own bathroom!? All to myself? No, that can’t be. They wouldn’t give some stranger this much space.

I shook my head, remembering not to get too attached to the beauty of this room because I knew I was only staying for a week. One week.

I quickly turned and grabbed the knob of the door a couple feet away from the bathroom. When I looked out, I came across a very spacious hallway. I saw the staircase right in front of it like the boys had mentioned in the letter.

I left the door open but turned around the other side of the room to see what the third and fourth doors were.

Opening one, I found a wide free space of nothing. I was aware it was a walk in closet but it didn’t have any clothes. All it had was racks of empty hangers and shelves that looked desperate to be filled.

Sighing softly, I shut the door and went to the final door that was beside a wide window with a large curtain covering it. I opened the door and immediately gasped in excitement when I realized what it was. It was a balcony. A private walkout balcony right outside the bedroom I was staying in.