Chapter 18: So, we're playing daddy now?

Ch. 18: So, we're playing daddy now?

"Right. Um, my name is Anthony Swift. I received your number from your mom. I'm, well this is hard, but I'm your biological dad. I was hoping we could have a chance to speak face to face. You and your sister," the man said.

"Uh, what?" I asked dumbly. 

"I said, I'm your biological father. I was hoping to see you and your sister. Your mom tells me that you also have kids. I'd like to eventually meet them as well," Anthony replied.

"Uh, and have you called Alecka and talked to her about this?" I asked. Lecky surely would have called me if that was the case.

"Uh, yeah she didn't.." I got a beep and saw that it was Lecky.

"Um can you hold on for just a minute," I said before flashing over to Lecky. 

"Did he fucking call you?! Rayce? Tell me that fucker just called you!" she yelled in my ear.

"Lecks, take a deep breath and stop yelling in my damn ear, please and thank you," I said. I heard her let out a deep breath before beginning. "Right, well he's on the other line right now. I assume he called you before calling me. What the fuck is going on?"

"So I just got off the phone with mom and she gave me this bullshit story of how he wants to get to know us and blah blah blah. I don't believe that shit. We have never spoke to this man in all of our 23 years of living. I can't believe he is trying to play daddy now!"

"So what did you tell him when he asked to meet us?" 

"I said 'Fuuuuuck No' then hung up the phone," she replied triumphantly. Real smooth, Lecks. Real smooth. 

"Um, I kind of want to meet the guy. Before you start yelling and cussing again, hear me out," she huffed. "We have never met him, like you said. So we don't know his family or anything like that. And maybe, just maybe, he really wants to establish a relationship with us."

"I don't care if he wants to establish a relationship with us. Michael raised us. As far as I am concerned,  Michael is the only father I will ever have. You should feel the same way, Rayce," she said getting angrier.

"I'm not saying anything bad about Michael, and you know it," I retorted.

"Whatever. You can meet him if you want but I don't want anything to do with that deadbeat man," then she hung up. I sighed before switching back over to Anthony.

"Uh, are you still there?" I asked. 

"Yes. I'm guessing that was your sister?" he asked.

"Um, yes. It was," I stated.

"Right. She didn't agree to meet so I assumed she told you to do the same thing," he sounded so defeated.

"Yes, she did but Alecka doesn't run my life. I, um, I would like to meet you. Is Saturday a good time for you, maybe we can meet for lunch?" I asked.

"Y-yes! That'd be great! Where would you like to meet?" he asked excitedly.

"Do you know where Sweet Treats is?"

"Yes! Of course! I will see you Saturday at say one?" he confirmed.

"Yes. Um, do you mind if I bring someone along?" I was thinking that Asher could join me. 

"Not at all. I'm just really happy you agreed to meet with me," he laughed. After a few silent seconds, we both said goodbye and hung up. I clutched the phone in my hand and sighed. This is going to be so awkward. I can tell.

"Boo!" 

"AHH!" I screamed. I turned to see my husband laughing at me. "Asher, you fucking douche! Don't do that! I could've pissed myself!"