Chapter 16: My Big Day? No, OUR Big Day!

Today was the big day! In just a few hours I would become Mr. Rayce K. King. I was beyond nervous and I felt like I was going to vomit at any giving moment. I can admit it, I was getting cold feet. But that's only because this was going to be a big step in my life. Who wouldn't get cold feet?

I was all for getting married, you know? Asher is great! I love him and he seems to love me just as much. I know he does. Its just that I feel like maybe we are moving a bit too fast. I mean, we haven't been together long enough to get married, right? Its been what, four months? Who gets married after four months?! No one! That's who. But, I love him.

"Okay, numb-nuts. Stop thinking," Lecky said walking up to me. She was going to be my best man. She was wearing a very form fitting suit and she actually looked really pretty. I wasn't going to tell her that though. "Stop thinking about it so much. You love Asher and he loves you."

"Sometimes I really hate that twin telepathy shit. It really fucks up my plans," I replied. She smiled at me.

"Rayce, I love you. And don't tell anyone I ever said this, but I'm really proud of you," she said. She looked like she was about to cry. "I cannot believe I'm crying over your dumbass."

I pulled her into a hug. "Its okay Lecky. When you and Marie tie the knot, I'll make sure to bring it up in my best man speech."

"You better not jackass," she sniffed. "I really am happy for you, Rayce. I really mean it."

I just squeezed her tighter. Lecky and I never did the whole emotional conversation stuff. We made jokes about each other but this was all new territory for the both of us.

"I know, Lecks. And I'm really happy for you and Marie," I replied. "You deserve happiness."

"Alright, jackass. Stop with this frilly shit and lets get you ready to say I do," she said laughing and pulling out of our hug.

This was it. I was going to get married today. And I am so ready for it.

After getting dressed and whatnot, my mom and dad stopped by my room. They were both going to walk with me down the aisle. I was okay with that, more than okay.

"So, my little Raycer, are you ready?" Michael asked. He used to call me Raycer when I was younger. I wanted to be a race-car driver. Oh how my world has changed.

"Yeah dad. A little nervous though," I chuckled nervously.

"Don't you worry about a thing, bumblebee. Asher made everything amazing," Mom added.

I laughed and let out a sigh. "Ok, well. Lets get this show on the road."

We walked out of the hotel and down to the beach. We were going to get married right on the beach! Can you believe that?! We stopped in front of a tented area. The curtains were pulled shut.

"Ok, I'm gonna go first okay? See you on the other side, brother," Lecky said before walking into the curtained area. I began to feel myself shake. Soon after, the wedding march began.

"Take a deep breath, kiddo," mom told me.

"Everything's going to be okay," my dad said. I knew they were right. I was going to marry the man of my dreams. I knew everything would be okay.

The curtains opened wide. And we began our trek down the aisle. The ocean was perfectly positioned behind Asher and the minister. It was a dream come true. Everything I could ever ask for for my wedding day.

Asher looked so handsome. I don't even think I could give a description that would do him justice. He was wearing a nice black tux. You'd think it would be too hot for that, but seeing as how I was wearing a white one, I couldn't really complain. He looked amazing, though. Jason, Niall's dad,  was his best man. Honestly, they looked way too much alike. Just saying, Jason was a looker. I should be totally disgusted by thinking about my best friend's dad like that, but I've already told Niall his dad was hot back in high school.