Chapter Ten: Moving on...or not

Two weeks have past since the "afternoon of hell". I realized that trying to get back at Asher was incredibly stupid. Why try to get revenge on a man I supposedly have no feelings for whatsoever? That only makes it seem like I like him. So after the "afternoon of hell", Aiden called me up and asked me to lunch. I agreed of course. It wasn't his fault Asher was a complete jackass. That's where I'm headed right now, actually.

"Hey! Rayce, over here!" yelled Aiden as he waved his hand around like an excited child. Gosh that boy is super cute. Sigh.

"Hey, Aiden," I said sitting across from him in a booth. He was wearing a blue plaid button down with the sleeves rolled to his elbows. His brown hair was styled very neatly and slicked back. Man, why didn't I go out with him in high school?

"Thanks for meeting me for lunch, by the way," he said once our waitress came and left our table. "I just wanted to apologize for what happened at Asher's house. I had no idea about you and Alejandro."

"That's okay, Aiden. I figured. Asher can be an ass, I've already figured that out," I said with a chuckle. He laughed as well. "So, how long have y'all been together anyway?"

"Who? Asher and I?" He asked before laughing. I sat there confused. Why was he laughing? "We aren't dating! Ash and I are just really close family friends. He is my mom's best friend."

Oh, wow. Well now I feel stupid. But the way they were acting made it seem like they were together. Especially at the vow renewal.

"But you guys seemed so much like a couple at my parents vow renewal," I explained.

"Oh! That," he said waving his hand at my statement. "He asked me to the banquet to make some guy jealous. He didn't give me a lot of details but your name was mentioned, I pretty much blanked out after he said your name."

Awe! He is so adorable. He was blushing from his last sentence. But back to the matter at hand, why pretend to be in a relationship with someone only to make another person jealous? That makes absolutely no sense. And why continue it when there was only four of us at his house two weeks ago? Unless...no way! Absolutely not! I do not believe that that is possible. No way in hell! But, it would make sense.

"Oh my gosh! I got it!" Aiden exclaimed. Our waitress was back with our drinks and she kind of freaked when he yelled. "Sorry," he said smiling innocently at her. She smiled back and said it was ok. She took out orders and went on her merry way.

"What were you saying before our waitress came?" I asked him.

"Oh, right! Yeah, it makes sense now! The guy he wanted to make jealous...was you!" he said excitedly. What? NO! I had just got that out of my head. That wouldn't make any sense to me. Okay well I did say it would make sense but, I don't know about that.

"That's absurd, Aiden," I said shaking my head at him. "Why would he try to make me jealous? Asher doesn't like me, at all. I have known that for almost seven months. And in all honesty, I really hate the man with a burning passion. Almost as much as I hate Alejandro."

He just shook his head at me, as if I was being totally ridiculous. He sighed, "Rayce, have you ever heard that there is a thin line between love and hate?"

Is he insinuating that I am in love with that jackass? That's not possible. Absolutely not.

"I mean, think about it. Is he always on your mind? Do you think about him at every interval of your day? Does your heart rate speed up when you are in the same room as him? Do you constantly dream of that night you guys spent together? Do you go weak at the knees when he touches you? And be honest with yourself, Rayce," he said determined to show me that I loved the jackass.