Groupchat (19)

Daniella Marie

december 24th, 2024
8:32am in Toronto, Canada

Today was the day I would be telling the whole family about my pregnancy. We usually open the little gifts on Christmas Eve and the bigger ones tomorrow morning.

All Shawn and I had planned today was to make the chocolate mousse, finish any last minute gifts, and then head over to his parent's house. I was in the kitchen making Christmas tree shaped pancakes and some hot cocoa for breakfast.

"Hey baby" I hear Shawn say, I lift up my head to see him with nothing but a pair of boxers. Showing off his toned and chiseled abs. "Wow how did I get so lucky" I smile, walking up to him and giving him a kiss.

He laughs and deepens the kiss, but nothing more happens considering we were both hungry for some food. We both make a plate and head to the couch to watch a movie and get our Christmas Eve day started.

Later in the day

"Babe are you ready?" Shawn yells from downstairs. "Yes just wait one second" I yell back grabbing my phone and my purse. I head downstairs and see Shawn looking so hot.

"You like what you see eh" He smirks, coming closer to me and grabbing my waist to pull me into him. "Well I like what I see even more" He whispers into my ear and making my spine shiver. He always knew how to tease me and right now was not the time. "I'll get back at you don't worry" I wink, grabbing his package quickly and walking out the door to the car.

The drive was less than 10 minutes, and right as we pulled into the driveway Karen and Manny were already standing outside on the porch.

As soon as the car stopped, I jumped out of the Tesla and ran into their arms. "Merry Christmas" I say, pulling away from the hug.

"Merry Christmas honey" Karen says kissing my cheek. "Manny go help Shawn with the gifts, Ella and I are going inside"

Manny sighs, but follows Karen's instructions. Karen shakes her head and laughs at him.

"Ella, you're finally here" I hear Aaliyah say as I walk into the kitchen. I greeted her and her boyfriend with a hug.

"We'll have dinner while we watch a movie and after we can do our little gift traditions" Manny says, walking in with the boxes from the car.

I walked into the living room and saw the giant Christmas tree that was almost touching the roof. It was pretty early for dinner so we decided to have a Gingerbread house competition. Couple vs Couple.

The kitchen table was soon a mess, frosting was all around the table, candy was on the ground, gingerbreads that didn't have any heads because of Shawn and Jordan. It was chaotic, but it was a great bonding method. Shawn and I couldn't get our gingerbread house to stick together, because every time we tried to add a piece of candy it would just fall down, so we gave up and just ate the whole thing.

We cleaned up the table after the gingerbread house competition and decided it was time for dinner. For dinner we had roast beef, mashed potatoes, veggies, and other sides. For dessert we had my chocolate mousse pie and Aaliyah's sugar cookies. The movie we decided to watch was Karen's favorite, Nightmare Before Christmas.

"It's time to open presents!" Karen exclaimed, right when the ending credits of the movie appeared on the screen.

Everyone grabbed their little gifts and we started with Karen. She handed hers out and we all opened our gifts at the same time. We went around the circle until it got to me. "Can Shawn go first, I want to save mine for last" Everyone nodded their hands and turned their attention to Shawn.

By now I have gotten a matching pj set, makeup palettes, socks, a fluffy sweater, and a nail polish set. Shawn and I decided to keep each others a secret, so I had no idea what he was giving  me.

Shawn handed the presents one by one and we all unwrapped it. Inside was a Cartier box, just looking at the box was beautiful. I opened the box and it was a beautiful Juste Un Clou Bracelet. "Oh my baby" I gasp. It was a beautiful gold bracelet with tiny diamonds around it.

"I love it honey, thank you bub" I gave him a small peck, and everyone aww'ed.

"Okay my turn. I want everyone to open the small box on the count of three" I explained. "3...2...1"

"YOU'RE KIDDING, NO WAY" I looked up at Karen and her eyes were filled with tears of joy, she stood up and came over to give me a hug. "I'm so happy for you guys"

I turned to see Shawn' reaction and it was honestly the most precious thing ever. He held the pregnancy test in his hand and tears were rolling down his face. He looked up at me and pulled me into a tight hug "I love you so much baby girl, I can't wait for our bundle of joy"

Everyone soon joined in on the hug and congratulated us, it was the best feeling ever. I was surrounded by people that I loved, and I just couldn't wait to tell my family back home.

Last chapter coming up :(
Enjoy xx