Chapter 73

Not sure how everyone is doing with the virus, but we're not in lock-down yet. We are in self-quarantine though, so I've been at home for the past two weeks and I'm done with it!

On another note: thank you all for voting on the titles in last chapter, so far Hold On To Him has the most votes!

Not sure if I'm going to use it, but I guess I'm going to use it anyways haha

Nick's P.O.V.
As soon as dad said something about us getting back out there as the Jonas Brothers, I immediately agreed. This is what I do best. Singing.

I get the boys are worried and all, but I want to sing. I want to get back to that life as soon as I can.

I literally counted down the days up to the interview. I had to wait a couple of days, but it still felt like too much.

Both Kevin and Joe tried to talk to me about it. "Are you really sure you are up for it?", "You don't have to do it if you're uncomfortable." and "Don't worry if we get angry if you don't want to do it. We love you." we're some of the things they told me.

They really didn't want me to do the song and interview.

I get that they're worried, I do. But it wasn't enough to stop me.

I guess the nerves played a big part. Because I was, indeed, scared. Diabetes was acting up again and I really need some down time.

There's no way I can get down time though. Important stuff is at stake here. The interview is important to go good.

They send a list ahead of things they were not supposed to ask. Dad was hesitant to put some things on there, but it needed to be done.

I took my mind off all of it. No need to put myself in more danger. I took out my phone and started playing a game to distract myself.

"Hey, have you checked?" I groan in annoyance. Ever since dad announced the interview, Joe asks me about Diabetes and if I've checked every time he or I walk into a room where the other already is.

Fast forward a couple of days and here we are for the song and interview.

Can't say I'm not nervous. I'm honestly terrified. There's no way I'm going to survive this. I wonder if Kevin and Joe can see it. I wonder if they will blow off the whole thing.

Maybe somewhere I wish they would, but I don't want to seem weak, because that's exactly what I am. Weak.

Once we get pushed on stage for the song, I try to give it everything I have.

A couple of weeks it seemed impossible to me to even do this. I honestly thought I was never going to sing again. Let alone with people here to watch it.

Not to mention that I screwed this entire thing up about a year ago to see what I could do on my own. I guess I crumbled down right back into their arms.

I've never really showed them my love for it. Basically they wrapped their arms right around me. I'm still their little brother, but I don't deserve that title. Never deserved it in the first place.

Soon we finished the song and I saw the sneaky glances they threw me throughout it. I looked backstage to see dad with a massive smile across his face and it made me smile myself.

The whole interview is a blur to me. I can't follow it, the adrenaline keeping me occupied.

It all crashed down when the interviewer asked about Pippa. Her words laced with venom. I didn't like that.

I didn't like that she asked about Pippa in the first place, but the way she spoke her name, it didn't feel right to me. Joe answered her question to his best ability, while I kept glaring at the interviewer. It made her uncomfortable. Good for her.

That was until she turned to me.

"And Nick. I heard you tried to kill yourself. Care to explain?"

Wait, what? Repeat that please!

The gears in my brain are running at full speed. She isn't allowed to talk about it. Neither was she supposed to ask about Pippa, but luckily Joe managed that. Why did we trust her to do this.

"Excuse me? Where exactly did you get that idea? Nick was having trouble regulating his Diabetes and he had to be hospitalized for observation. To make sure that he was all right. Otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation right now." Kevin spoke angrily.

We are all angry with her. That's something I am sure of.

"We wouldn't have had this conversation if he had succeeded either way." She spoke.

That's it.

"How can you do this? How can you talk about our sister who has been through hell and beyond? Don't you have any kind of respect for us or for other guests that show up here? I don't believe you mentioned her when she isn't even here. I haven't tried to kill myself, because I was too busy trying to stay alive with the help of Joe, of Kevin, of Pippa and with everyone else! I don't want to hear another word about it, because that dark part of our lives is over." I yelled at her.

"How could Pippa have helped you when she ran away from home and hadn't been back until you were hospitalized?" She asked with a smirk.

I wanted to explode, so I did. I cursed loudly and ran off stage not wanting to be there anymore. I don't care what I'll get for cursing at her, but right now I don't care.

I ran towards a bathroom and took out my kit to test. I obviously have to do something about it. But that rant and anger didn't come from a high, because I'm low after the performance. I am to blame for the anger and I don't regret it one bit.

The door to the bathroom opens and Kevin and Joe and dad entered, softly closing the door behind them.

"We're sorry that that happened. We'll sue her." Dad says. I nod. "I hope she gets a lot of shit for it." Kevin bumps me in the shoulder for my language, but I can see he agrees with me.

"She will get a lot of trouble for it. Are you okay though?" Joe asks me. I nod. "I'm fine. Just had to get out of there. They all nod.

"I'm sorry for my outburst." I tell dad. "It's okay for now. No matter what happens, that language was unnecessary, but we'll talk about later. Your mom has probably seen it, but I'm sure we can solve it with a talk."

Kevin hands me a candy bar to help me with the low. Joe and Kevin help me up to take me home. Everything that needs to be talked about will be talked about later. Now I'm tired and need to get home to get some sleep.

Hope you liked it!
I'll upload as soon as I can!