Chapter 7

Thank you all for the kind responses to my story!! It really means a lot to me! If it's not too much, let me know your thoughts so I can improve my writing :)

And on with the story..

Kevin's P.O.V.
"How are we going to do this? I know from experience that she isn't going to go willingly." Nick asks us.

"Well, we got you to come along too. How hard is it going to be?" Joe directs his question to Nick.

He shrugs. "I don't know, I was too weak to fight." He adds.

"Just like she will be." Joe ends the conversation like he's a hundred percent sure he is correct.

We walk up to her room. It isn't locked, so we enter it. Joe, Nick, Frankie and I find her on her bed. Mom went away to dad's office to grab him to come along.

"Hey Pips." Nick sits down on the side of the bed. "Hi." She responds. "I know what kind of intervention this is, but you can forget it. No way I'm going to that place." Pippa says.

"I know you don't want to go, but it's for your own good. We don't want to see you get hurt." Joe sits down next to Nick and rests his hand on her leg.

"Too late." She whispers.

"What is too late?" Nick ask her.

She turns around on the bed to face us.

"It's nothing." She says.

"I know you want to help me, but you could have helped me by contacting us sooner. Why did you disappear. It was like you were a stranger or even dead." The dead comment hit everyone like a truck.

Everyone knows very well that Nick asked if he was dying when he first got his diagnoses. "I shouldn't have said that. I'm sorry." She apologizes.

"No, you shouldn't apologize. I know I made a mistake and I wish I could take it back, but I can't. No matter what I do, I can't turn back time. I can change the future. I can be here for you. I can support you and I can be your shoulder to lean on while we take you to the hospital to get you checked out." Nick tells her.

She shakes her head. "No hospital, please." She's on the verge of crying. I almost went for it, not wanting to pressure her or to let her do something she doesn't want to do, but one look at Nick and Joe got my head back in the game.

She's not okay and she needs medical help. She's not healthy and we need to know what's going on with her.

"We just want to make sure you're okay. You know we care about you. We don't want to lose you." I speak up.

"I can't lose you Pippa. Please do this. If not for you, for us." Frankie's voice is strained. He's trying to keep himself from crying.

Pippa waves him over. He does as told and kneels down next to the bed to face her.

"I'll never leave you Frankie. You mean too much to me. I love you." Pippa tells him softly. She runs her hand through his hair. He rests his head on the blanket. "I love you too, but please promise me that. I need you to promise me."

This is too much for all of us. Joe has got tears in his eyes, Nick's already got a few tear streaks, my eyes are probably red and Frankie just started crying. Pippa her eyes are soft and big. It's like she's a robot on automatic pilot right now. Just running to keep going.

"I'll go."

"What?" I ask her. Frankie lifts his head to make sure he heard correct.

"Don't make me say it again. Just take me." She says.

We all get up, except for Pippa.

"Sit up." I order. She sits up and I pick her up. She is really weak. Frankie told us while we were walking upstairs that she threw up her dinner. It's taken a toll on her.

Mom and dad were waiting downstairs for us.

"She okay?" Mom asks us. I nod in response.

"Let's get this show on the road." Dad grabs his coat, grabs the car keys and opens the front door for us all to walk out. He locks up after us.

We decided to take two cars. If someone wanted to leave earlier, the others wouldn't stay behind without a car.

Dad, Nick, Pippa and I are in one car. Mom, Joe and Frankie are going with the other car.

We end up at the hospital quicker than I had calculated.

We exit the car. Mom, Frankie and Joe aren't here yet. We decide to go ahead though.

When we walk up to the hospital, Nick looks a little troubled.

I put my hand on his shoulder in reassurance. He looks nervously at me.

"Hey, it's going to be okay." I tell him.

"I know, it's not that." He says. The both of us had stopped walking.

"What is it?" I am curious. "I know it's seven years ago, but I can't help but think of memories and now that we're here, I'm seeing all kinds of flashbacks." He explains to me.

I take him into a much needed hug. "You're okay. I've got you." I reassure him.

We both get out of the hug and I look into his eyes to give him some more reassurance. "You okay?" I know he forced his nod, but I'm not going to pressure him. He'll tell me in time.

We continue our walk towards the hospital doors where dad, Pippa, mom, Joe and Frankie are waiting for us.

We make our way inside. Joe starts walking next to me. "That looked serious and intense." Joe states.

I nod "Yeah, he said the hospital brings back bad memories." Joe shudders from the thought. "It gives me bad vibes as well. Can't imagine what he must be thinking right now."

"You boys ready?" Mom asks us. We've got to wait in the waiting room so they can page a doctor for us. We're lucky they accepted us to stay for an appointment.

All of us sit down in the waiting room. Pippa pulls up her legs to her chest and rests her head on her knees.

It's a comfortable silence.