Chapter 19

Frankie's P.O.V.
It's been two days since Joe's birthday and two days since Pippa threw up and refused to eat in fear of throwing up.

Nick has been her great support system. Encouraging her in the right ways and helping her when she really couldn't handle things anymore.

I offered Joe to take turns in testing Nick in the middle of the nights. Joe had been doing it all by himself after Kevin had helped Nick with his high.

Now we take turns and Joe is slowly gaining energy. Nick hasn't had dangerous lows or highs since that night. It had put him in a better mood to be honest. Everyone noticed that he's been quirkier and less reserved then he had been before.

Kevin and Danielle had gone home after Joe's birthday, so it's been back to mom, dad, Pippa, Joe, Nick and I.

It gave us all a little time to rest after the hectic months in which the boys fought and in which the boys returned home.

Today is going to be a busy day. The boys have a performance.

They are going to do an interview on television and they'll have a show tonight. Dad is going to make sure they are alright. Mom is going to take us there. Pippa and I are allowed to watch backstage today. That doesn't happen often. Usually Pippa, mom and I would be stuck at home to watch them on tv.

Kevin is going to meet us halfway there so he could join us in our car to the studio where the interview will be held.

Someone knocks on my door. "We're leaving soon. Are you ready?" Pippa asks me before entering my room. "Almost." I get up from my bed to take my phone from its charger.

I look Pippa up and down. She is dressed in jeans with maroon vans. She is wearing a striped shirt with a maroon hooded vest over it that matches with her shoes.

"Do you feel left out because you're not in the band?" She asks me warily.

I think about it. Would I like to be in the band? "No, no I don't. Why? Do you feel left out?" She shrugs her shoulders. "I don't know. I mean, I do feel like there is something between them that we don't share. I know it's because they have their band and all, but it feels weird." She explains.

"Of course there is something between them, but it's nothing that we're left out off. Yeah, we can't go to every interview or performance, but they always know we're watching and supporting them. I know for a fact that they'd rather be with us then stuck in some silly interview where they're asked the same questions every single time." She nods unsurely.

"And no bond is stronger than the bond you and Nick have. Don't think I haven't seen you two together these last few days. It's like the two of you depend on each other. Why do you think dad suggested for us to come along?" I pause and she shrugs, not having a single clue. "So you'd be closer to Nick and help the boys, but mostly Nick throughout the interview." I add.

"Really? I didn't know that." She tells me. "You are way more important than the band is to them. You will always be more important. The band is fun. Yes, they do enjoy the band, well when they're on speaking terms." I explain. I had put my hands on her shoulders to keep her in position.

"You have to believe me on this one." I tell her.

"Are you ready Fra... Everything okay?" Nick cuts his sentence off when he sees us standing in the middle of the room.

Pippa flashes him a fake smile. "Everything is okay. We'll be down, Tank." She tells me and walks over to Nick who wraps his arms around her shoulders really quick for a little hug.

I shake my head laughing to myself. Both don't like being touched, yet lately all they do is hug. Whether they hug us or each other. They're weird. They're my weird siblings and I wouldn't trade them for the world. I swear on my own grave.

I know the age difference is big. I'm by far younger. Like I'm some bonus. The Bonus Jonas is one of the few nicknames I've heard before. It doesn't bother me. I know they all love me just as much.

I wish they'd treat me like I'm not a baby, but I know I am the baby. I try not to let it bother me too much, because I know I mean a lot with both Pippa and Nick's diseases. I help them both to my best abilities even if I don't really understand what they're going through.

I want to understand their diseases better. I know Nick and his mood swings, but I guess I'll never know how it really feels to have a bad low or an enormous high like he does.

Neither do I know what it's like to not be able to eat. To see food as an enemy. To rather starve yourself than to eat something that keeps you alive.

We met up with Kevin quickly and drove off towards the studio to have the boys answer embarrassing questions in front of an audience.

Pippa and I make a lot of fun of their answers backstage. At some point mom even has to shush us, giving us a playful glare because she also found it funny to see us have this much fun.

Soon the boys are backstage to get ready for a short performance in the studio.

They're singing their song called "Hesitate". It was requested by a lot of fans before they had decided on a song. They were thinking of performing "Only Human" or "Cool".

All the boys turned to us at least a couple of times during their performance. The song hits home. Hard.

I look next to me to see Pippa watch them intently. Nothing can distract her from watching them. I put my arm around her and she sniffles with a giggle.