Chapter 6

Thank you all for the responses :D, I could never imagine people liking my story!

For the next week or so I'll probably update everyday, because I've written quite a lot ahead! On with the story:

Frankie's P.O.V.
While Pippa sits back down for dinner, I'm excused to go to the living room with Kevin, Nick and Joe. I know she didn't forgive them when she hugged them and I know she is still very angry with them and seething over the situation, but she's at least willing to let them solve it.

The boys and I had all gotten a drink from the fridge and we sit down on the couch.

"So? What's been going on around here?" Kevin starts. I shrug.

"Nothing much. The usual really. Pippa and I doing a lot of chores, going to school, hanging out with each other and separately with friends. Mom and dad running around like always." I explain.

They nod, knowing how things used to go when they lived at home.

"How have you been?" Kevin asks. The other two are listening.

I shrug again. "I've been handling things. Pippa and I do the laundry, we clean, I sometimes take over mom's cooking. I go to school every day and keep my grades up. So, I've been good." I smile at them. They all have a smile on their face which tells me they're proud of me, before Nick's smile falls.

"You said that as if someone else is not okay. Is it Pippa?" He asks me. I nod unsurely. It's not my story to tell, but I'm allowed to tell them my view on her, right?

"I don't think she's been okay. No, I know she hasn't been okay." I pause and rub my eyes thinking about it. "She's been crying a lot, she barely eats, which you guys might have noticed. She keeps to herself mostly." I explain.

"It's worse than we thought it was." Nick sighs.

"She does look thinner." Joe says. We all nod in response. "But if she's so miserable about the whole thing, why won't she let us back in?" Nick asks us.

"We let her down, Nick. We failed her." Joe responds. "Let her sulk. We have to be here for her. We have to earn her trust back. It takes time. It took time for us to get on speaking terms. I can only imagine the pain she must be going through." Kevin explains.

"You guys are not too late you know. Like Kevin said, she'll need time and I'll make sure to point towards you guys and ease it." They all give me grateful looks.

"Thanks, Tank." Nick thanks me. "Always." I respond.

"I'm gonna go check on her dinner." I stand up and walk to the kitchen. It's empty.

Pippa's plate is still there with her fork and knife messy next to it. Her chair is far from the table. It looks like she left in a hurry.

I walk out of the kitchen. I start with her room, but she's not there. The bathroom?

I walk to the bathroom and see it's locked. I knock on the door. I wait a minute for someone to respond, but no one does. "Pippa are you in there?" I ask through the door. Still nothing.

"Pippa if it's you in there, please respond or I'll het the others to bust down the door." I tell whoever is in there.

"Just a minute." But her voice sounds strained.

I was also right when I thought she was in there.

I wait a little longer and lean against the wall across the bathroom door.

Finally the door opens. I look her up and down. She looks awfully pale.

"Are you okay?" I ask concerned for my sister's health. I might only be twelve, but I know damn well when something is not right.

"I'm okay. Just a little miserable." She responds. "Did you throw up?" I ask her.

She nods. "Please don't tell anyone." She begs me.

I sigh knowing it's wrong to keep such thing secret. There could be something really wrong with her. "I don't know Pippa. You've lost a lot of weight and you're barely eating. Something could be wrong. I think you need help." I try to reason with her.

She's having none of it. "I don't need help Frankie." She walks past me into her bedroom.

"This has to stop Pippa. Everything is getting out of hand." I call after her, but it's no use.

I decide to tell out parents about this. They have to see this. I can't imagine that they haven't noticed anything. Mom basically comments on her eating habits all the time. Or lack thereof.

I find mom cleaning up in the kitchen. "Pippa went to her room?" She asks me. I nod my head. "She didn't finish dinner. Again." Mom sighs. "I know. I wanted to talk to you and my brothers about it." I tell her.

"What about it?" Mom asks me. She follows me into the living room where Joe, Nick and Kevin still are.

Seeing the sad look on mom's face, all three sit up. "What's going on?" Joe is the first to ask.

"I need to talk to all of you. It's about Pippa's eating habits. Or lack thereof." I explain.

"Why lack thereof. Isn't she eating?" Nick asks shocked. "No. Well, she is, but barely. Definitely not enough to keep her going." I answer.

"What are we waiting for?! We have to take her to the hospital!" Nick exclaims.

"It's not that simple son. If something is seriously wrong with Pippa, she doesn't see it. It's like how we all denied something was wrong with you when you were diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes." Mom explains.

"You're comparing this to Diabetes? Do you really think it's that serious?" Nick asks her.

Mom shakes her head. "No Nick. I'm not saying she has Diabetes or something worse. Of course I hope it is nothing, but I'm not so sure anymore." Hearing the pain in mom's voice is immediately putting a strain on the conversation.

"We should take her to the hospital." Nick tries again.

"I agree with Nick. I'm not going to watch as you let her go and she takes the opportunity to slowly kill herself." Joe says.

We all look at Joe. It's quiet after he made that statement. Is she really killing herself?