He's Different.

Will it seem weird if I say I actually look forward to spending more time with him? Or actually getting to know him and see what type of a person he is!
At exactly 9 the next morning, I hear a knock at my front door. I ask my dad to let him in. I finish getting ready and took the stuff necessary for the project. As I walk down the stairs I see my dad and Austin casually bonding. My dad is usually a very friendly and open-minded person, he gets Along with everyone easily but who surprised me was Austin. I never thought he'd take his time to bond with him.

I walk down and say hi to Austin and tell my dad I'll be back in a couple of hours. I walk out the door, get in his car which by the way was pretty big, I mean expected. He stops in front of this huge beautiful house which I'm guessing is Austin's. We walk up to his house, Mrs. Jones answers the door and greets me. She's super sweet, I like her already which is so unlike me. Austin asks me to accompany him to his room, I felt nervous all of a sudden, I guess it was the fact that I've never been to a guy's room before. Austin didn't miss this opportunity to tease me and he said "Nervous huh? Me too! " and then chuckled
"suree " I said rolling my eyes at him.
His room was massive, fully furnished, the theme of the room is white and gold. It was gorgeous.
He suggested that we sit on his bed which didn't really help the nervous situation too much but can't show it in front of his arrogant ass.
We immediately start working on the project and I start asking him basic questions. Some of his answers were well thought out and deep which made me actually like him as a person. At one point without realizing our hands touched. I immediately moved my hand.
"Hey sorry I didn't mean To" he said thinking he offended me.
"No it's okay" I said replying him back. But my cheeks were burning red. And that touch sent a spark through my body and why did I actually like it?
Did he notice my reaction? I hope he didn't.

After we were done he said he was going to take me somewhere tomorrow. He felt like I should know him as a whole and not just the basic stuff which I guess was the point of the whole project. I simply agreed and then he dropped me off at my house.
The next day we drove to the countryside and it was quiet and full of greenery. I couldn't get my mind wrapped around the place. It was magnificent. There were cherry blossom trees, the path was made of stone, small green grasses came out of the cracks in between the stones, there was this enormous beautiful lake just a minute away with benches to sit. It was calm and peaceful.
"I like coming to this place when I feel demotivated or have to clear my head or just relax. I like this place because it's less known and I can get my own private time" he said breaking the silence.
"This is who I am on the inside, away from the chaos of high school and daily life" he added.
He's Different.
Different than what I imagined.
He's actually really nice.
"You keep surprising me" I said smiling at him.
He seems shocked by the smile which is pretty acceptable since I barely smile.
He smiled back.

We kept walking until he stopped below a cherry blossom tree. I notice he had a basket with him. How did I just notice that?
"Let's have a little picnic and we can talk about anything you like"
I just nodded. And then he layed down a blanket over the green grass and took out the snacks and drinks from the basket. This would be such a romantic thing but except there's nothing romantic between us. I guess this is the closest thing to a date I'll ever be on. We had long conversations, we laughed out loud, yes I laughed, can you believe it? I was having a really good time after a long time? A part of me was horrified because it's just for a while and everything will go away after two weeks. Time passed by without us even realizing it. It was time to get back home. He stopped in front of my house and before getting out of the car I said "I had a really nice time today, thanks Austin."
He seemed genuinely pleased by my comment. I stepped off the car and went inside my house.

After two more days, he said he has to take me somewhere else but this time we have to take the metro. We went to the metro station, we got on a train and we got off after 3 stations. We walked for 10 mins until he stopped in front of a building with a vast playground and garden. I realized it was an orphanage.
"I like spending time with them, they deserve so much more than what they get. I bring them gifts sometimes too. And from what I know about you, you have a big heart so shall we spend the day here, Hope? "
Why is he such an amazing person?
Without hesitation, I said "yes".
As we enter the building, the kids seemed happy to see him, some of them hugged him, they love him. He introduced me to them as his friend. And a few kids came up to me and introduced themselves. I was feeling happy. What is he doing to me?
We spent the day playing games, painting, dancing and singing with the kids, for once I didn't feel like a loner, I felt included and happy and I didn't want to lose this feeling. We spent hours there and we bid them goodbye and made our way to the metro station. As we were waiting for the train he said "You're so different than what you pretend to be at school. You're a beautiful person inside and out Hope." as he looked straight into my eyes. I could tell he meant it.
"so are you Austin," I said back looking into his eyes. I meant it too...

We were interrupted by the sound of the approaching train. We hopped on the train, it was pretty empty, even though it was only 3 stations, it still took an hour. I watched that he fell asleep sitting beside me and before I could realize I did too. I didn't realize that my head was placed on this shoulder. When I wake up I noticed I was sleeping on his shoulder and he was caressing my head as I sleep. I moved my head slowly.
"Oh you're up sleepyhead," he said chuckling. "you looked cute while sleeping "
I just blushed.
And then I realized I drooled in his shirt.
"oh god I'm so sorry about that" I said pointing towards the stain.
He just laughed and said "don't worry about it"
Before I could say anything our station arrived and we got off the train and he dropped me off at my house. I came to my room as I got a text from Austin 'Goodnight sleepyhead. Don't miss me too much'
I smiled and replied back with 'I won't miss you at all, goodnight'
But I do miss him. He's unlike any guy I've met. Maybe I was judging a book by its cover and honestly I'm so glad I was wrong about the impression I formed of him in my head. He makes me happy, being with him makes me happy, he makes me feel like the older version of myself and I'm terrified to lose it all.

Is Hope falling for Austin? What does Austin feel about Hope? Find out in the next chapter.

!Please vote and comment if you liked reading it!
6th chapter ~ 30th March