Trees

I took Gerard down to the creek near my house. We sat in a tree together and watched the sunset. Gerard wrapped his arm around my waist and rested his head on my shoulder.

Gerard didn't really like climbing up trees. He suffered really bad from a fear of heights. I made sure i held him tightly when we reached a branch.

"We're a b-bit too h-high don't you t-think?"
"Don't worry Gee, i'll make sure you're safe."

Wow, if only i was telling the truth.

"I don't k-know Frankie, i w-wanna get down, i d-don't like heights."
I grabbed Gerards hand tightly and shuffled closer to him.

"Frank p-please can we get down? We're hanging o-over a river, and i c-can't swim."
"Okay, i'll get down then i'll catch you."
I shuffled towards the tree and climbed down to the bottom.

Gerard looked terrified. Whats worse was the branch was snapping.
"Shit. I-im gonna fall!" He cried.
"Gee its okay! Jump down and i'll catch you!"
Gerard held onto the branch tightly.

He was shaking and crying quietly to himself, holding onto the branch for dear life. The branch was cracking. He watched as the branch hung on by an inch, before snapping completely.

Gerard was sent crashing down onto the side of the river.
"FUUUUUCK!" He screamed.
I ran towards him.
"FUCKING HELL! MY LEG!"

I carried Gerard back to my house as wuick as i could. He was screaming, shouting and crying.

When i arrived at my house, my mom called for an ambulance straight away.

"Im sorry Gee! I knew i shouldn't have made you climb the tree!"
"ILL FUCKING KILL YOU FRANK!"
"Yep."
Gerards trousers were torn to peices and covered in blood.

Soon, me, my mom and Gerard were in the hospital waiting for Gerards parents.

Gee was taken for multiple x-rays for his arms and legs.

"Its one significant break in his left leg, we can do a surgery but we need his parents approval before we can operate." The nurse said.
"First of all, his parents are alcoholics who are harming Gerard and his brother, and secondly, what surgery?" My mom said.
"Just to put a bit of support while the break heals."
"I don't think his parents are coming. He's been staying at our home for the last few days to get away from his parents."
"I suppose if we take your word for it you can permit Gerard to have the surgery."
"Its his choice."

The nurse nodded and left to go back to Gerard to get his opinion. She came back with Gerard in a wheelchair looking very tired.
"Gee! I'm so sorry!" I said, running up to him.
"It's n-not your fault."

After Gerards surgery

Gerard lay in his bed. He was half awake but he was in a lot of pain.
"Frankie?"
"Good morning sleeping beauty." I laughed.
"Not funny, you fucking idiot."

Woahh. First off he just swore AND insulted me, and second, that was a perfect sentence. No speech issues.

"Whaaat, why is it my fault?"
"You made me climb that tree, i will hate you forever."
"Gee, do you realise what you're doing?"
"No. I'm tired and i don't know what is going on anymore and i feel veryyyy floaty."
"That's probably the medicine. But listen to yourself talk, you're talking perfectly normal now!"

He sat and thought to himself.
"What d-do you mean?"

Fucks sake. I bet he would've continued if i hadn't said anything.

"Frankie? W-what do you m-mean? I'm talking l-like i usually talk. My usual, whiny, s-stuttery retarded voice."
"A minute ago you were talking with no stutter at all. Yeah, purely insulting me though. Bitch."
"Oh, really?"
Gerard sat up and threw his pillow at me.
"Shit, thats like a rock."
"I know. I h-have to sleep on t-that."

I giggled. Me and Gerard snuggled together and fell asleep together, his leg resting over my body and his head on my chest.

————————————————————————
682 words