Gee's Lover

Wednesday, September 10th 2009

It was Gerards third day of school. I promised him that i'd teach his "lover" a lesson, but he insisted i didn't. Today, he was wearing boy clothes, not his usual skirt and tight shirt.

"Hey Gee. Didn't recognise you, how come you aren't wearing a skirt?"
"Just d-didn't feel like b-being feminine today."
"So some days, you want to dress like a girl and other days, like a boy?"
"Yeah i g-guess."
"Thats so cool."

I smiled at Gerard and held his hands.
"Frank stop. Please, h-he's going to beat me up."
"He won't. Not when im around."
A tall, chubby boy approached us.
"Get your hands away from my pet."
"Pet?! How dare you treat Gee like your property?!"
"Frank p-please don't-"
"Oh, well if it isn't Frank Iero, the trouble maker. I knew you'd get your hands on my baby."
"YOUR baby?!"
"Frank s-stop it please."
I grabbed Gerards arm and held onto him. The boy smacked Gerard hard across the face, causing him to fall to the floor. When he fell to the floor, i saw a wire disconnect from his chest. He started coughing violently.

"HOW COULD YOU?! YOU CLAIM TO LOVE GERARD AND YET YOUR HURTING HIM!"
"Frank i-i'm fine."
I pinned the boy against the wall and kicked him in the balls. I kept punching, kicking and slapping him until he dropped to the floor in pain.
"Stay away from Gerard, he deserves better than someone like you."
I pulled Gerard back to his feet.
"Thank y-you Frank." He said, rubbing the bright red hand mark on his cheek.

"Gee, whats up?"

"I d-don't know...my tubing..the o-one that's connected t-to my heart...it's come out."

I unbuttoned Gerards shirt. It had completely disconnected.

"Okay, okay. Lets go to the office."

I pulled his hand away from his cheek and looked at the mark.
"Does it hurt?"
"Yeah."
I pulled Gerard into a tight hug. I gently stroked his sore cheek when the principal walked past.

"Mr Iero! How very dare you! Gerard go to the nurses office. You come with me right now Frank!" She shouted.
"But i didn't hit him!"
"Yeah, he d-didn't do-"
"No buts Frank! This could get you expelled from school which can seriously damage our reputation, i am calling your parents this will not end well! What on earth have you done to his chest?! Mr Way come with me too."

I followed behind principal Blaze, walking next to Gerard.
"Sorry F-Frank." He said with a wheezy voice, holding the wire to his chest.
"It's fine."
I tried to grab his hand but principal Blaze pulled him away.

We arrived in the office where my parents and Gerards parents were waiting. His mom stood up and immediately pulled him into a hug. My mom, on the other hand, dragged me away from him.
"You don't understand what happened though mom! Even ask Gee, i didn't hurt him!"
"Then what's this hand mark on his cheek and why has his heart monitor been pulled out? You're in deep trouble Frank. I am so sorry about how my son acted, Mr and Mrs Way, we'll do anything to apologise."
Gerards mom looked at the bruising mark on his left cheek, whilst also connecting the wires back into his chest.
"Does it hurt sweetheart?" She asked.
"No. M-Mom listen to m-me and Frank. He didn't h-hurt me."
Gerard stood up and left the room.

I pushed past my parents and followed him. He was sat outside the room with his head buried into his knees.
"Gee whats wrong?"
"They never b-believe me."
I shuffled up to him and put my arm around Gerard.
"Sweetheart come back—Get your hands off my son!"
"Mom please, h-he's really nice to me. I promise y-you he didn't h-hurt me."

The principal came back with a stern look on her face.
"Mr Iero and Way, come back inside." She said.

"We checked through the CCTV and we can confirm it was not Mr Iero who hurt Mr Way."
"See? I was telling the truth!" I said.
"Shush Frank." My mom said.
"However, Mr Iero did beat up another student, the one which did harm Gerard. We will not issue any sorts of punishment to Mr Iero, however, he will have to stay with Gerard and make sure no more harm comes to him."

I looked over at Gerard and smiled.

————————————————————————

663 words