Chapter Thirty-Four

Chapter Thirty-Four

I felt nice and refreshed after that short soak. I’d changed into my pyjamas consisting of blue tartan print bottoms and a grey cami top. Standing in front of the bathroom mirror that was on the front of a door to a small cupboard above the sink I stared at myself. My grey pools as eyes surrounded by pale milk like skin. I unleashed my hair carefully trying to avoid irritating my wound and restyled it into a neat ballerina bun at the back of my head. Under my eyes there were traces of black mascara that smudged when I washed my face. As I used my towel to wipe them off I tried to plan out what I was going to say to Jared. Armed with my toothbrush I was about to clean my teeth but there was one problem…no toothpaste. I rolled my eyes at my forgetfulness, I’m sure he won’t mind if I borrow a bit of his.

I scanned the bathroom looking then realised it’s probably in the small cupboard, I gently opened the door to reveal three small shelves which had his toothbrush, razor, shaving foam, deodorant, mouthwash and toothpaste, I picked up the tube knocking something into the sink which landed with a clonk “Oops,” I looked down to see a silver chain. My brow creased with confusion as I picked it up by the ends. This is my necklace…the one I put round the paw to the wolf. How has he got it? Unless he knows about the creature and took it off because he thought it was crawl? Or maybe it fell off and Jared found it in the forest? I didn’t want him to think I was snooping in his things so I put it back and continued brushing my teeth.

As I washed my mouth out with water I got back to thinking about me and Jared. What happened to ‘just go with it’? Am I scared? I must be I’ve never had a boyfriend before. And what did he mean by ‘actions speak louder than words’?

I took a deep breath preparing to face him; my hand gently turned the door knob trying to make the least noise possible. I peeped through the gap in the door making sure he wasn’t standing outside before opening it fully. I was glad he wasn’t in sight however I’m going to have to talk to him soon, he has to tell me where he’s planning to let me sleep. I turned around and held the handle to pull the door closed very, very slow-

“Actions speak louder than words,” I span around in fright. I didn’t have time to register anything or think then suddenly Jared was inches away and his hands were on my waist, pulling me closer. Before I had time to react his face closed in on me. I only felt his warm breath on my face for a moment then his lips hungrily captured mine. Every cell in my body tingled with sensation. My eyes closed and for once I just went with the moment and began to kiss him back. A low growl emitted from his throat sending a bolt of electricity up my spine. Instinctively my hands raised and found their place on his firm chest. The warmth from his hands on my waist burned though my thin grey pyjama top making an invisible print on my skin. I didn’t have a clue what I was doing, I’m not experienced in any of this kissing malarkey I mean this is my second proper kiss. The first one being stuck in a storage cupboard at school.

Adrenaline buzzed through my body, I wanted more but I didn’t know what. It’s like when you’re given a box of chocolates and once you eat one you can’t help yourself from eating the rest. I felt his hands roam up from my hips to my ribs-

“Woah what are you doing to me Amy?” he stepped back leaving me standing there stunned “this isn’t right you have a head injury. I’m taking advantage. I’m sorry,” he ran his fingers through his thick hair with frustration.

“Did I do something wrong?” I asked concerned, I’m not that bad of a kisser am I?

“No, no, no it’s not your fault it’s me. I can’t control myself around you. How’s your head?” he quickly changed the subject.

“Fine,” I shrugged. Suddenly his hands were on my shoulders, I looked up to gaze into his hypnotising grey eyes.

“Are you sure you look a bit pale? Do you still feel sick?”