2

She sighs again and rubs her face. It has only been 9 days since he left and this void is already unbearable. He made a promise to call every week. And this stupid ass of herself suggested to call only once a week. To give him the space that she promised. Arghh!! She hates this ego of hers. Why of why does she need to test her luck like that?

She has never been lucky with it either. Never.

Is that the reason she's being extra hard on him and herself in this relationship? Because she never got the assurance that someone will stay in her life. She has always been all by herself. She knows she should not lament this, considering Saeroyi was having it must worse. But, he had that someone once.

If some deity asked her whether she would like to take his place and gone through all that he had gone through, she would. To have Mr. Park as her biological father. To have someone fights so fiercely by her side like that cute girl Yi Seo – and get those cute little rascals (their 2 sons). To have all that supportive friends who will always take her side. She realized she has been envious of Saeroyi.

Will he fight for her like Yi Seo did to Saeroyi? Will he love her even after nth years passed by? When her beauty and charms fade? Will he ask for nothing in return? Will he?

That poses another question. Will she be able to bet her life on his promise?

Will she get her happily ever after?

"Sajangnim..." Myeong Do called her name, ending her endless insecurities-invoking self-doubts.

"Oh..Myeong  Do-ya...what is it?"

"There's one candidate for the walk-in interim chef is waiting in front." He said with a smile.

"Ohh...really? Thanks and asked him to come to the waiting space there. I'll come in a few minutes."

"Ok!" he gives his boss cheerful smile with two thumbs up. Soo Ah chuckles. Never a dull moment with this kid.

She went to her room and freshen up a bit. No matter in whatever state her mind is in, she is Soo Ah, after all. This strong Soo Ah that Mr. Park always praised and admired. The Soo Ah that Mr. Park said he would love to have as his daughter.

When she went out of her office door, something creeps inside her heart making her feels uneasy. Like something bad is about to happen.

She brushed it off and continues her confident strides to the table.

Her steps become slower as she comes closer to the table. That man's back is very familiar. Very very familiar indeed. She holds her paperclip tighter. He lips tremble as her slow steps is making her closer to the guy.

5 steps...that broad shoulder and neat hair cut.

4 steps...and she could see the white shirt that he's wearing.

3 steps...she could see the man's facial silhouette from side.

2 steps...its clearer and the man is looking at the brief instruction papers in front of him intently.

1 steps... "Jang Geun-Won?" her lips tremble as she whispers that name. How come? How on earth? Its just been 3 years? Why so fast?

He looks at her and smile. His longing eyes is still there when he looks at her, "Annyeong, Soo Ah-ya. Sorry, Sajangnim?"

Soo Ah feels as if the sky is falling down on her. She suddenly feels this world is too unfair. Her head almost burst thinking that this world has never been on her side. This man should still be inside for at least another 2 years! All those crimes and he's only jailed for 3 years? Not fair!!!

"Olaenman-ieyo, Soo Ah- ya?"

NO!!! Her world becomes pitch black in an instant.

"Soo Ah! Soo Ah!!! Excuse me anyone? Soo AH ya! Look at me! YOU kiddo! Come here!" that's the last things she could hear.

AN: And that, fellow readers, is our ex-antagonist. :)