6

Soo Ah took a seat right in front of the coach. They look at each other as if both are having a staring contest. Finally, Geun Won gave up.

"Soo...Ah..?" Geun Won uttered her name. Its more of a question since he also doesn't understand the meaning of the stare that Soo Ah gives him.

"I have many things to ask you. And you have to answer it all honestly." She goes straight to the point.

He takes a deep breath and closes his eyes for a moment. "Shoot."

"I'm not too interested to know what is this thing anymore. You can take it back." Soo Ah gestured on the table. He looks at the nearly emptied bottle with a note of money under the cylinder.

"But, I got a feeling this thing is what has bought you the 2 years off prison. Am I correct?" she's shooting a laser from her eyes now as if she can see through whatever lies he's going to spew.

"Yes." He answered her question while looking at the roof of the bar. He's going to spill the beans tonight. Whatever she asks, he'll answer. He owes her at least that.

"What is that thing for?" comes the second question.

"..." He's not sure how to answer this.

"What. Is. That. For?" Soo Ah half gritted her teeth. "You..." she couldn't continue as Geun Won cut her words,

"I'm going to die. Soon. That's why I was released 2 years earlier, Soo Ah-ya." Now he looks at Soo Ah who's been relieved of her tense stance. Her shoulders drop abruptly. What has been a tense and stiff atmosphere shown by her is now replaced with confusion. She looks...baffled. He gets up to sit on the couch properly where his eyes meet Soo Ah's who's now searching for answer.

"And that thing you believed was ecstacy, is my painkiller. My head is going to explode, you know? It's a time bomb. Bam!" He chuckles a bit. The Geun Won's classic cynical chuckle that makes Soo Ah feels chilled to the bone. That heartless chuckle. The one he always gave to his enemies when he's about to win in the past. But...this time, she feels that this laugh is meant for he himself.

"...I..hh..have no time for your stupid riddles." She wants a clear answer. Her throat felt dry suddenly.

"Glioblastoma. Or brain tumor. Its been too late when it was discovered. I have less than 6 months to live"...and love you, my Soo Ah. He could not say it.

Is that it? He's going to die? Is that why he was released earlier? So, he's been off punishment by 2 years because of this? She can't believe it! Both father and son pair are so favoured by heaven, aren't they? Why is this country's law is so unfair? Can't these 2 horrible persons be left rotten in the cells?

Geun Won is silently watching and try to read Soo Ah's expression. He could see a flicker of wrath in her eyes. And that wrath is slowly building to raging fire. He could not understand it. Shouldn't she be happy hearing this?

"So, you are not fit to work in my restaurant. I will give your resignation letter first thing in the morning tomorrow." She said it sternly.

Geun Won is shocked. "You...can't do that." He feels that this Soo Ah is being too heartless. That pure Soo Ah have become like this. Was that his doing? Wrong. It is he and his father's doing indeed. She is strong, stubborn and hard-headed, yes. But not this heartless. All he can see now is a woman full of spite. It's like, all those venom have been buried deep in her heart but its slowly emerging its ugly head when he's there. This dormant venom will take a very long time to be naturalized. Soo Ah... she's going to miss all the pretty things in her life.

He's gonna take away all those venom back. Let he takes it to his grave. His pretty Soo Ah should be living a pretty life after this. With a free heart and mind at ease. So that she can live and love freely. Not like this. Definitely not like this.

"Why?" Soo Ah crossed her hands.

"I'm still fit to work in the kitchen. I'm just the cook helper anyway. And, no worries, I know my condition. I'll tender my resignation letter myself if my limbs have started to deteriorate."

They are doing the staring contest again.

"Not convincing. If your limbs can no longer move, how can you send your resignation letter later on? Will you crawl here or what?"

"I'll do it if needs to." Geun Won said it with ease. He can't let Soo Ah win this. He'll let Soo Ah release all of her bitterness on him until she's satisfied. All the venom and unfairness she felt in this world? Let him shoulder it. Let him be her punching bag. He's the reason for the bitterness anyway.

"I've called a cab for you. Make sure you keep your words." She stands up and walk away from him.

'I will, Soo Ah-ya. I will take back all the venom in your heart for you to live beautifully.' He smiles sadly to her back.