The truth

Garys POV
The next day I woke up around noon, and called Brittany. "Hey Dad." "Hi baby, I'm almost there. Get your sister, and meet me outside." "Ok." She hung up and I went to get their bunks ready. About an hour later, the bus arrived at my house. I met my girls outside, and hugged them both, when they got outside. "Where's your mom?" I asked them. "She's not home. She said, she had a few things to do." Brittany said. "Oh, ok. Lets go, before she gets back." "Ok." I let them on my bus, and we took off. I showed my girls their bunk, and they set their bunks up, while I went to the back. "Your girls here?" Brian asked. "Yes, they are setting up their bunks." "Ok, are you going to tell them about Reid, and I?" "Eventually, just not right now." "How do you think they will take it?" "I'm not sure, but we'll find out." "Yeah, I don't have a good feeling about this." "Neither do I, but I have to tell them. They need to know." "I don't want them knowing about me. It won't end well, I already know it." "Yeah, I know, but I'm going to take my chances. I have to tell them. I don't want us doing anything, and they found out on their own. They really would be upset." He sighed. "Fine, but I don't want to be there for that conversation." "Really, you're going to leave me to tell them by myself?" "Yes, I am. This is something you want to do, not me. There for, you're on your own." I got pissed, and left the room. I can't believe this. He's suppose to be there for me, and back me up. But, no, he wants to be selfish, and leave me to do this alone. I should've sent him back home, then I wouldn't have to worry about my girls finding out about him. Both my girls walked in, and sat next to me. "Is there someone else here?" Brittany asked. "Yes, his name is Reid, and his girlfriend is here too." "Who is Reid?" "He's the kid that I'm going to adopt. He's been with me for three months now." "How old is he?" "He's 24." "Ok. How long are we going to be with you?" "For as long as you want. I don't plan on sending you guys back to your mom, though." "Good, I dont want to go back to her anyway." "I know. So, for now, you girls can stay with me." "When can we meet Reid?" "When he gets up." "Well, he's awake." "Ok, give me a minute." I got up, and went to talk to Reid real quick. "Hey Reid, can I talk to you for a minute?" He crawled out of his bunk, and closed the curtain. "She asleep?" He nodded his head. "Whats wrong?" I asked him. He's usually not this quiet. "I don't want to talk about it." He said quietly. "Uh ok, um, anyway, I had to bring my girls on tour with me, and they want to meet you. You mind coming to say hi?" "I guess." He lowered his head and walked to the front. I wanted to know what was wrong. I followed behind him, and we sat on the couch. Well, he sat in my lap, since the girls were sitting on the couch. "It's ok Reid, these are my girls, Brittany, and Brooklyn." "Hi." He said quietly, while looking down at the floor. I have got to find out what's wrong with him. "I'm sorry girls, I don't know what's wrong with him." "It's ok." They both said at the same time. "Come on Reid, we need to talk." He didn't say anything. He just got up, and walked to the back. "I'll be back girls, you can watch TV till I get back." I got up and followed after Reid. He was leaning against the bunks, looking away from me. "What's wrong Reid? Please tell me, I can tell something it bothering you." "It's my dad, and brother. They won't leave me alone. My dad said he will get to me eventually, and when he does, he'll hurt me." "He's not going to get to you. I won't let him." "You can only try. But he will get what he wants, and that's me." I felt hurt when he said that. I knew exactly how he felt. I leaned against the bunks, that were across from him. "I know how you feel Reid. But, that's why I'm trying to protect you. So, you don't have to suffer as long as I did. To be honest, if it weren't for Brian, I probably wouldn't be here." "Why?" "I hated my life. At times, I still do. But, that's why Brian is here, mainly to help me through my hard times, and now, you have me." "I know, I'm not use to it though." "I know you're not. It took me a while to trust Brian, but when I did, I never wanted to leave his side. He was everything to me, and he still is. Even though he's a pain in my ass sometimes, I still love him." "Same with me?" "Yes. But I still love you, and will still do my best to protect you from your dad." "Ok." "Block their numbers, and don't answer them." "Ok, I will." "Go lay down, we don't have to perform tonight, so rest." "I will, I love you Gary." "I love you too Reid." He crawled in his bunk, and I went back to the front, where my girls were watching TV. Brooklyn saw me walk in the room. "Hey dad, is he ok?" "He will be. He just needed someone to talk to." "Ok, come watch a movie with us." I smiled and sat on the couch with them. Brooklyn sat in my lap, and we watched a couple of movies, before they got tired, and went to bed. I went to lay with Brian, I was surprised to see he was still awake. "Hey Brian, I'm surprised you're still up." I closed the door and locked it, and got in bed with him. "Yeah, well, I didn't want to go to sleep, without you. I love you." "I love you too. But, why didn't you want to sleep without me?" "Like I said, I love you, and I don't like sleeping without you by my side anyway." "I figured. So, the girls know about Reid, but they don't know about you, and I don't know how long I can keep you hidden from them." "Yeah well, I don't care anymore. I shouldn't have acted the way I did towards you this morning, and I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that." "It's ok, I forgive you." "Thanks. But, can we please not tell your kids about us yet, I want them to get to know me first, then we can tell them." "Sure." "Thank you Gary." "Yeah, you're welcome." Great, more secrets, I hate secrets, and he knows that. I huffed and rolled on my side, with my back facing him. I'm sure he knew I was pissed at him, cause he tried to hold me, and I pushed him away. I didn't want him near me right now. I wanted to be left alone. "I'm sorry Gary, I didn't mean to upset you, I just want your girls to get to know me, before we tell them the truth about us." I ignored him, and rolled my eyes. This isn't something I like dealing with. He huffed and turned his back towards me as well. I don't really care though, I was tired and annoyed with him. I closed my eyes and went to sleep.