The Emerald Forest

Adopted!Gilgamesh Reader x Yang Xiao Long

Part 2

(Y/N) POV

Today is our initiation day.All of us headed to the locker room and there,we took our time preparing for our initiation.

As for me,well...I guess I just took my time putting on my fabulous armor my mother gave to me yesterday.Now,you might be wondering,yes I am Glynda Goodwitch's son.Adopted son,to say the least.Does Professor Ozpin know about this?Yes.But like me and my mom,the 3 of us are keeping this a secret for now.Also if you ask me,Professor Ozpin is the closest thing I'll ever have as a father...and I'm pretty sure my mom secretly likes him.

Anyways,why am I even talking about this?After a while,we are then reported to the Beacon Cliff for initiation.All of us were now gathered on the cliff.I stepped out with my armor and everyone stared at me in awe.

I stepped out with my armor and everyone stared at me in awe

???:"Yo,that's a rad armor!"

???:"His armor's so shiny!"

???:"I want that armor!"

Then,I saw a familiar face while I was stepping out.

Yang:"Oh,hey (Y/N)!Ooooh!!!Your armor looks so shiny!!!"

Ruby:"Woah!Your armor looks so cool,(Y/N)!Ooh!I can see my reflection!"

Me:"Why,thank you for the compliments,Ruby and Yang.Now then,let's get ready for this initiation shall we?"

They all nod and we turn to face Professor Ozpin...and mom,of course.

Ozpin:"For years,you have trained to become warriors and today,your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest."

Mom:"Now,I'm sure many of you have heard rumors about the assignment of teams.Well,allow us to put an end to your confusion.Each of you will be given teammates....today."

Ruby:"What?Aw...*scared noise*"

Me:"What's wrong,Ruby?"

Ruby:"N-Nothing.It's just that...I'm nervous who'll I team up with."

Ozpin:"These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon.So it is in your best interest to be paired with someone with whom you can work well.That being said,the 1st person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next 4 years."

Ruby:"WHAT?!"