Kei Tsukishima - Mending (1)

Character: Female Reader Insert

Plot: After a break up with Kuroo, you find yourself at Tsukishima's place, with your heartbroken and makeup running down your face. 

Requested: Written and thought by me.

*****************

You stood at your old classmates front door, you look at the ground as the door opens, "What is it?" A familiar stoic tone speaks and you look up to see the familiar blonde putting on his glasses, "Y/N?" His eyes widen a little seeing your face, makeup running down your cheeks, your eyes puffy and red with tears glistening your cheeks.

"C-Can I come in?" You ask looking at him, "Please? I can't go home like this."

"Err... Sure..." Tsukishima steps aside letting your walk inside, "Hmm... Do you want a shower or a drink?"

"I'll... Go for a drink but I'll wash my face..." You take off your shoes and start walking to the bathroom but turn to Tsukishima, "Shima..." You call out to him and he looks at you, "Don't... Don't message Tets...Kuroo or Bokuto or Kenma... Please," You say, "I'll explain everything," You add before going into the bathroom and locking the door.

You walk to the sink and run the hot tap, till you got hot water and began washing your face clean before going to Tsukishima's living room, where he's sat with two glass of red wine. You sit beside him and he holds out your wine glass to you, "Here..." He says, "Want anything stronger?"

"Can I have the whole bottle and another?" You ask taking the glass.

"That bad of an argument?" He asks.

"The worst... I confronted him about him cheating on me... I'm not stupid Shima," You look at him.

"I...I never said you were," He says looking at you, "You...You knew?"

"The girl rang the apartment's landline and I picked it up... She... She asked me where her boyfriend was," You say and sigh, "I knew he was cocky and everything, but I never expected him to cheat," You add and sip your wine, "Do you think I'm stupid... For thinking that?"

"Honestly, the stupid one is him for cheating on you," Tsukishima says, "When we all found out... I more than most had enough, nearly punched him... You may be annoying but you are not stupid," He says and looks at you, "Okay? You're smart, beautiful, amazing... On top of that, you are so bloody loyal to someone who wasn't... It's... It's amazing."

"You think that of me?" You ask looking at him and drink more of your wine.

"Think? No Y/N... I know it," He says 

"Thank you Shima... I'm sorry to have dropped in on you... Probably the last thing you'd want," You look down at your lap, "I just... It was between you and Hina... I picked you."

"Me or the shorty... I can't imagine why you chose me," He smirked a little, amused as he sipped his wine, "So, what did Kuroo say after you confronted him?"

"So?" You tell him and his eyes widen a little, "He shrugged and said, if I got upset with a one time thing then I'm pathetic," You say.

Tsukishima looks at you and puts his glass on the coffee table, "You can stay here till you calm down," He scouts closer, hesitantly putting an arm around you, "I'm not the best at comforting... As you are aware."

"Shima..." You mutter and lean into his chest, "I love him so much... I don't know what to do," You say before crying again.

"It's okay... I'm here," He says glaring at a group photo, his eyes trained on Kuroo in the photo, "I'll always be here."

Later that night, you start waking up, you figured that you fell asleep because of crying. You were laid on the sofa with a blanket over you, the wine glasses were taken away and you heard a muffled voice from the hallway.

"No, you listen to me Kuroo... She came to me not the other way around. She was so broken because you couldn't keep it in your pants," You hear Shima say but you dont hear response.

Slowly you sit up and look around the room, it's pretty simple with the odd photo probably out there by a family member or a friend. You couldn't see Tsukishima putting a photo frame anywhere on his own accord.

"So what? You think that makes it alright?" Suki says, sounding angry compared to before, "I may do but I aren't you Kuroo. I'll be here with L/N-San and I'll be helping her mend till she will never cry over you... You said she's pathetic but it's actually you."

You make your way to the door frame for the hallway, you stand back a little so you can listen in, "She's amazing, beautiful, talented, loyal... A quality you seem to lack," He sneers a little.

You step forward worried, "Shima?" You call out and he looks at you, "Dont break a friendship over me... I should go, thank you for listening but I really can't ruin your friendship with him," You say.

Tsukishima hangs up and puts his glasses on, he must have taken them off due to being annoyed with Kuroo. He turns to you, "Feeling better?" You nod, "You dont have to go now, it's really late and you're family is probably asleep... You dont want to give them a fright... Take my bed for the night and I'll take the sofa."

"But-" You start but Tsukishima interrupts.

"Bed now," He says in a demanding tone, "No more Kuroo, no more Nekoma's, focus on you and I'll be with you, but don't tell anyone... I still have a cold personality to uphold," He smiles a tiny bit looking at you.

"Thank you," You say and make your way to his room before shutting the door.

Tsukishima walks to the living room and sits on the sofa before laying down. He looks at the ceiling, 'Y/N... Please get over him soon... You deserve so much more... How long... How long has it been since I fell in love with you?' He thinks to himself before bringing the blanket over him and drifting off to an uncomfortable sleep.

***************

Please feel request in comments or my inbox. I will try to get through all of them! I hope you enjoyed this one-shot and come back for more.

Till next time, bye-bye! 💖💖