Natalie✨

Short Chapter

I walked in the house after finally being convinced and threatened by Isaiah.

"Natalie?" I heard my "supposely" mom call from the living room. She came rushing over and hugged me tightly.

I didn't return the favor. I stood there and looked at her. She didn't look well. Her eyes were red from crying. I have never seen her like this before.

Oh lord what have I done?

I felt the guilt run through me for running away.

"Are you ok? Where were you? I was worried."she questioned. I saw the concern on her face as I stood there.

I wanted answers to my question now and she was not my source right now.

"Wheres my mother? My real mother?" I asked and the room got silent.

"I'm here." I heard Velma say. I turned to see her standing behind me as pale as anyone else was in this room.

"We need to talk alone." I said as I went upstairs to my room.

I sat on the bed waiting until she come in the room.

Was I ready for this? Was I ready for the truth for her?

A few minutes later she walked in and closed the door.

She pulled out the chair from my desk I had in here.

She tried to smiled but failed from the tears that was starting to come.

"I-I know have no excuse for what I did. And I am so sorry honey. It was never my intention to hurt you or for you to find out like that." She beganed and the tears came.

"Were you ever going to tell me and don't lie?" I asked her roughly. I was my anger taking over.

"No. I wasn't at first." She said wiping her face. Then she walk over to where I was. She got on her knees and cried out making me feel bad for making her go through this.

But I have to know why.

"I got pregnant at 17. I was a senior. I had scholarships to many colleges. I was on the principal A honor roll every quarter. I let my friends convince me to go to a party.

I really didn't want to go at first but I went ahead. I got drunk and went into a room with a guy. I didn't remember who I was with but I came home one day feeling sicker than ever throwing up every morning.

Some weeks later I found out I was pregnant. Immediately I wanted nothing to do with the baby. At the time I was so focus only on college. I could've cared less about a child. But when I went to the doctor and I was over three months and my Natalia-your grandmother. Convinced me to kept you.

At first I regretted every second because I was always in a bitchy mood. So I decide to not keep you at all. I was going to give you up for an adoption. It wasn't until I gave birth to you when I had a change of heart.

I saw your eyes and your face personality was when I wasn't going for the adoption anymore. But it was my stubbornness of me when I told my Natalia to take care of you. I was young, selfish, and ignorant and I went back to the old me who only care for myself and my career. I just did me.

I graduated my second year of college and decided to come back for you when I took you out one day with Natalia and they all was convinced that you was her child. I was angry and I took it upon myself to just let her claim you as hers. Plus I thought it was for the better since Natalia wasn't able to have children.

I made her and everyone else promise to not tell you until I was ready. And I know it was very selfish of me to do that to you and I'm am so sorry Natalie. I really am and I hope one day you can forgive me." She said as the tears came from the both of us.

She tried pulling me into a hug but I didn't give it to her.

"Velma. I need time to process this all." I said as I looked at her.

She got up and walked to the door. "When your ready."

She closed the door behind her. Once she did I cried my heart out. The tears I was trying to hold back during her excuse of a mother speech came rushing down.

I didn't want to be here with a family that lied to me and especially my mother.

I grabbed my school bag and another bag to put my clothes in and text Layla to come pick me up. I told her I was going to tell her everything once she came and got me.

What a family?