Chp. 25

Oscar's POV

Ruby called me from LA to tell me that Amaya hadn't come back yet.  Monse and he had thought it best to drive back so they are late for the party. I wasn't trying to worry anyone just yet but the one person who had her tracked at all times was Lupe.

"Hey, ahora vuelvo." I told Sad Eyes.

Lupe should be at Dwayne's picking up food. I drove over there and Jamal was helping her pack her car full of trays.

"Lupe! Where's your phone?" Jamal and her looked over at me.

"Right here? Why?"

"Track Amaya. Where is she?"

"Oh did you also track her phone? I put one on her car too." Jamal said. Lupe and I looked at him.

"What?! You want me to sleuth then let me sleuth my way." I rolled my eyes while they both pulled out there apps.

"I have her car in Freeridge and I have her phone at some place called Chamber Music in Downtown LA." Jamal answers.

"Me too."

"Her party starts in a hour. Get on the phone and tell her to get her ass over to the bar."

"But Monse and Ruby have her car. How is she getting back?"

"I don't care. Uber or some shit."

Jamal kept piling the trays of food in the back of Lupe's car and Lupe got on the phone trying to reach her.

Amaya's POV

I followed the cowboy down the street into the depth of LA.

The company I work for always sends this messenger to come get me when they wanna talk instead of actually calling me.

When we got to the new meeting spot, things were different. My usual clients and bosses didn't work here. Instead it was a rival music company. Security doors all the way down the hallway which led to a room of crushed velvet and sound proofed walls.

In front of me were sitting producers, marketing teams, managers.

"DJ Mama, come sit." One of the big dudes says.

"Okay. What do you want?"

"We want you, Amaya."

The cowboy ducked out of the room and the big metal doors that were held open for us were not being guarded by armed men.

"What do you want from me?"

"We want you to work for us. Hit Mixers isn't appreciating you the way we would. Girl having you work the busted ass hours when you clearly should be headlining. Damn you could be at all the lit clubs popping out each show."

"$40,000 a night. Easy money. Right now you're making what? A grand for a few hours? Nah baby we want you up front racking in the dough."

"Where's my manager? This isn't how you go about baiting someone else's artist."

"Oh baby, she's on the phone right now."

"Hey Amaya." That traitor.

"Sup Steph? Why didn't you tell me about this?"