Best friends forever

"Who is it?"

"Rosa"

I was silent for a while. I didn't know if it was true or not, because if I had to analyze the situation Rosa would be the best suspect. Mainly because she died painfully by the hands of her brothers when she did nothing wrong.

But I wasn't completely convinced, it could have been her father even he had a motive. For now though I wanted to hear Anisha's logic, she might even come up with a solution.

"What logic are you using here?" I asked her

"from what you have told me so far Rosa is the only one who could be the ghost haunting you because in all the articles she is mentioned as sincere and loving, even when she just received a gold necklace and nothing more. She never even questioned her father or her brothers regarding their decisions, but on the happiest day of her life when her brothers killed her, wouldn't she seek revenge against them in the afterlife?" said Anisha "but I am making these conclusions only if the information is true."

"That's what I'm unable to figure out, whether the information is true or false. But it could also be her father Sylvester K Pierce right? Cause despite giving all his money and company to his sons he was killed brutally." I said

"You're not wrong about that." Said Anisha "hey, why don't we use the library's computer to google it?"

Are we allowed to do that?" I asked

"Of course, it's meant for school research projects" she said, winking at me as she began walking towards the computer placed at the corner of the library.

Anisha google information on the Pierce family, while I decided to search for any old newspapers the school might own.

As I was searching for the newspapers, I got a vision. The vision was of two grown men strangled with a neon green rope and above them a ghost was hovering, a lady ghost. Her face seemed familiar just like the girl in my dream. Rosa!

Even though this vision lasted for just a millisecond, I found myself breathing heavily, tears forming in my eyes along with trembling hands and feet.

In a matter of seconds I fell on the floor, Anisha looked at me her eyes screamed panic.

"It's okay, you're fine. Nothing going to happen to you." She said knelling down and hugging me.

As she said this I started crying softly, I opened my mouth to speak but the words didn't come out, I tried using my hands to show her what I was thinking but it didn't work.

"Calm down, just breathe, don't say or do anything. Listen to me just breathe calmly. I am there to help you so nothing is going to happen." She said in a soft voice

I followed her instructions and in a couple of minutes I was almost back to normal. Thankfully our library teacher was sleeping throughout the entire period.

"Now tell me what happened" she said

"Rosa. The ghost is Rosa." I said "I got a vision for a millisecond where her ghost was killing her own brothers. It looked gruesome."

"okay." She said

"What do I do now Anisha? I don't want to die." I said

"You won't die because I have a plan." She said "so now that we are aware who the ghost was, all we need to do is destroy her power center or understand her weakness and use it to our advantage."

"But how do we destroy her if she only hurts me by using that green thingy?" I asked

"That must be her weapon, I'm assuming."

I wanted to discuss further with her but then the bell rang and we needed to go for the next lecture.

"Thank you, bestie for dealing with me when I was totally crazy" I said hugging Anisha.

"Anything for a best friend." She said hugging me back

We then went to our respective classes, and the rest of the day went well. Even when I was returning home nothing happened in fact I got a free cotton candy. Yay!

When I reached home, I didn't see James. He must have had his basketball practice. I headed to the kitchen to have toast and jam when I heard the sound of the main door creaking, so I checked to see if I shut it properly.

It was closed properly with a double lock.

I waited near the door for a while and went to the kitchen. Nothing happened for the next ten minutes but as I switched on the television I heard the sound of a utensil fall in the kitchen.

When I entered the kitchen I saw a steel pot fallen on the floor along with some silver wear. It took me a couple of minutes to keep it all in place.

When I was done I turned to exit from the kitchen and I saw Rosa's ghost. She was floating in the air in a white dress covered with blood stains, emitting green light with a rope filled with thorns in her hand (I didn't know ghost could hold things).

I ran to the back of the kitchen since she was standing at the only exit of the kitchen. She moved towards me, her eyes filled with hatred and her hand movements were extremely stiff.

She looked straight into my eyes as if she was telling me something through her eyes, but I couldn't figure out what.

She then came extremely close to me, so close that the thorns on the rope poked my skin, causing blood to flow, out of my body. I just pressed my lips together in pain.

"If that hurts soo much, you don't know what's in for you. So stop acting soo smart because you are nothing compared to me." She said, pushing the thorns in my skin and pulling it out immediately. I let out a cry of pain.

She disappeared.

I walked up to my parents' room where the first aid kit was kept and I tied a bandage around my arms and set on their soft king sized bed.

I needed help because I was face to face with a ghost, one that was scary and deadly, who desired revenge from my family and me.

I desperately needed my best friend...

I needed Anisha... 

***

The chapter refers to certain people who were an important part of history. I as an author, do not intend to offend anyone reading this. It is only for reading purposes and not to hurt anyone's sentiments.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding ❤

***

***
Chapter cover credit: flora fairy of nature(AMINO APPS)
***