Chapter 20

It jad been a few days since the incident with Bela being kidnapped and Bela shooting her father.

The day was going fine. Until Dean and Bela got into another fight. It involved Dean telling Bela that she should have fought the demon instead of letting it take her from the bunker. And Bela got mad because he was acting like it was her fault.

They began yelling at eachother and there was some name calling and Dean got pissed off and drove off from the bunker. Again.

Dean quietly closed the door behind him. It had been a few hours since he stormed from the bunker. He knew that the fight was his fault.

As he drove he realized that he was more afraid of losing her and he quickly turned the car around and sped back to the bunker. Which earned him a ticket.

He wondered if anyone was still awake as he set his car keys on the table.

As he walked down the hallway, he knew something was wrong. He heard cries coming from behind a closed bathroom door. He walked to the door and slowly opened it.

When he opened the door he found Bela who was sitting in a bathtub and crying into a washcloth. He walked over to the tub and kneeled down next to it. He reached out his hand and gently touched her arm, discovering that the water surrounding her was ice cold.

"Jesus Bela." He said as he frantically, but gently, pulled her hands from her face. She let the washcloth fall into the water. "You know that you should ask me for help when you want a bath. Especially since you're pregnant." Dean told Bela.

"I know." Bela whispered as she tried to catch her breath. Her cheeks were red and her eyes were puffy from crying . "I'm not an idiot. I just couldn't get up." Bela said, referring to her being seven months pregnant.

"I never said that you were an idiot." Dean said, trying to reassure her. "I just....don't want me and the baby to be another burden for you, Dean." Bela said, not looking at Dean.

Dean felt his chest tighten when she said that. His hand gently ran down the side of her face. He leaned in and wound one arm around her back and the other arm under her legs and gently lifted her out of the water.

He grabbed a bathrobe and helped her slide it on. He carried her back to her bedroom and set her down on her bed. The whole time she didn't look at him. Dean walked back over to her with clean pajamas and helped her put them on.  When he was done, he sat down next to her.

"Bela." Dean whispered. Bela finally looked up at him. "You know I didn't mean anything I said earlier." He told her. "I know. But that doesn't mean that it wasn't true." Bela told him.

Dean looked at her before pulling her into a gentle hug. "I was being a dick." He whispered. "You and the baby will not a burden to me." He placed a kiss onto the side of her head and he felt a kick from the baby.

"I'm scared Dean." Bela whispered. "I know. I am too. More than you'll evwr know." Dean told her as he continued to hug her. They stayed silent for a few minutes.

After some moments of silence Bela pulled away. "I'm tired." She told him. She moved up on the bed and layed down under the covers. Dean walked over and kissed her on the forehead. He turned to walk out of the room when he felt a hand grab his wrist. Be turned to face Bela.

"Stay." She said to him. He climbed jnto the other side of the bed and moved over next to Bela. She moved and rested her head on his chest. "Goodnight Dean." Bela whispered and closed her eyes. "Night Bela." He said quietly before he too fell asleep.