Chapter 15

I couldn't see anything.
Darkness had found it's way to me, and it violently consumed me. I didn't know where I was physically- or mentally for that matter. I heard sobbing close to me. I tried to reach out... nothing.

I couldn't move.

I couldn't see.

I couldn't feel anything anymore.

Is this what dying felt like?

I was dying. The battle between Renima and I had pushed my body past its limits, and now it was shutting down. My very life was ending. I could hear more sobbing, a different sound though. I knew the first was Amelia's crying, but soon after, I heard another- my mom.

I could feel their presence.. but it was faint. I was slipping away fast. I tried to move my lips, tell them something- anything. It was no use... I was slipping further and further away from life.

I sighed to myself, hoping my wolf senses could still tune into everyone else's. I tried signaling to Amelia- memories of the two of us. The day we first met, the day I told her I loved her, the day we lost our innocence to one another and made love. I tried my hardest. I think it reached her, because I felt the pain she felt.

I did this to every person, my mom, dad, and brother. I wanted them to know I died strong... I died because someone I loved was in danger and I was courageous enough to protect her.

Finally, I turned around to see a large goldish-white light. It was so beautiful for me. I've heard stories about God and the white light everyone supposedly sees before they officially die, and it's true. I walked towards it slowly, cautiously.

"GoodBye..." I whispered, closing my eyes and walking towards the white light.