Chapter 7

The room was filled with supernaturals. The whole house reeked with the scent of a new born werewolf. It reeked with the scent of my fiancé's newly changed body; her newly changed life.

I followed close behind my father, planting the best smile I could muster over my lips as I sat down. I had to make it believable I wasn't worried. I had to shield my thoughts as other werewolves sat around the table, making decent conversation with one another, including me. I couldn't allow myself to access thoughts of my fiancé while sitting around all these smiling supernaturals.

They were all expectant of failure. Each and every one of those who sat around the large dining room table, were expecting my fiancé to enter the room like some wild animal. Each of them were hungry to pounce over her and set her straight in front of the supernatural officials who sat around the edge of the table.

My parents and Jake must've caught a glimpse of the worry I tried so hard to conceal with a straight face, because each of them smiled my way and when our eyes locked, I could tell they were sympathetic- reassuring mostly. Caleb didn't care... Everyone could see the emotionless expression over his face. It made me sick of how his hatred for the human population grew by each passing moment. I wondered if he was pleased with what he had done. I wondered what he had going through that distraught mind of his.

"Everyone," I heard from the end of the table on my father's side, "may I please have your attention." My father was the most respected man amongst our species, so when he spoke, the room automatically fell silent.

"Tonight," he continued, "we hold a vary rare occasion in this home. I understand that it has never been easy for us to blend with the humans and live a peaceful life. Now, we join one of their species into our own. As you all have come to know, Carmen, the daughter of Melina and I, has for the past year been concealed to life with a human. As her parents, we found this extraordinary. We enjoyed the fact that our only daughter and eldest son could live in prosperity with the human people and for our daughter to fall in love with a human woman, well we couldn't be more proud." My father had stopped to replenish his breathing before looking over the room again and positioning his hands behind his back.

"Now, as parents of our mid-son, Caleb, we apologize for the occurrence of this situation. Not only has it caused strain for the officials, but for our daughter who has come to love the young woman, Amelia. We do not plan on giving up our son to any torturous deals of death and agony, but we do believe in punishment. One that will teach him a powerful lesson. Now, for the night, please welcome Amelia to the table."

Everyone applauded my father's speech as he remained standing while Amelia appeared from the door frame across the dinning room table. Everyone had their eyes on her, while her strawberry blonde hair fell over her shoulders in a fit of loose curls and the formal red- lace dress she wore showered over her body in a graceful manner.

With the common grace only a werewolf could behold, Amelia walked pleasantly over to the table- and everyone stood in her presence. She was now apart of the werewolf population, and although she wasn't considered to be pureblood, she was respected in the presence of my parents.

"Thank you, all of you." Amelia said in a lovely tone.

Hearing her voice coming in such a way sent goosebumps over my skin beneath my shirt and pants. I wanted desperately to take her into my arms and just hug her until I'm sure she wasn't going anywhere.

"I thank each of you for coming to welcome me into this new experience. It would mean more to me than anything if you could open up your minds and hearts to see me for who I am instead of what I have been transformed to be." She said.

After she was finished speaking, my fiancé sat in the empty seat beside me and took my hand beneath the table.

Within moments of everyone chattering once again, the food had began to be served and everyone ate peacefully with light conversation spreading over the table.