Chapter 8

Dinner finished two hours later, not very long considering the feast of food my mother had made for everyone. Our bloodline left the home I had been confined to once more.

I made my way upstairs slowly. I felt the weight of the world on my shoulders and treacherous thoughts were coursing over my mind in a blur. I felt as if I would throw up from everything going on.

"Hey.." I heard from one of the corners of the hallway.

"Hi." I whispered.

A pair of feminine hands wrapped around my stomach; without a doubt Amelia was the only person standing behind me, so I didn't care that she held me in such a tender way.

"I've missed you." I whispered. My voice falling with the silence of the house.

For the human ear, it wouldn't have taken much to hear the night animals chattering away in the night air. Imagine how loud they seemed to cry their gruesome sounds for werewolf ears.

"I know." Amelia replied, pressing her lips gently against my mid-back region.

I allowed for her to hold me close. The language we spoke with no words seemed to be the best, and although I felt terrible of her being forced into the life of a werewolf, in the same thought, I was pleased that now we could possibly have a better connection to one another.

How terrible of me to feel such a gratitude in any part of what was happening with my fiancé...

Amelia strolled easily in front of me and stopped when we were eye to eye with one another. Her beautiful eyes made me feel much better about everything as I fell deeper and deeper into them.

"Let's go cuddle." She whispered softly.

I nodded in agreement because, even though I had many things to explain to her, many things I wanted to apologize for, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to lay with her once more and sink into her side.

As soon as we walked into my old bedroom, Amelia was grabbing my hands carefully and pulling me to the bed. I flopped down beside her with no resistance. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her into my body.

"I'm sorry.." I mumbled against her neck as I pulled her tighter against me. "I shouldn't have left you all alone.. and now-"

"Hush," she whispered, stripping me of my ability to speak any further. "We were in an argument and I don't blame you for walking away to clear your head. You came back for me, and that makes up for it... Besides, I've always wondered what it would be like to be a werewolf. So don't worry." Her voice was soft, and I could tell some of the things she told me weren't true. She was not satisfied that she had to learn a whole knew life so soon.

I let out a quiet sigh before snuggling into her neck and falling asleep.