Chapter 14

The sun was bright in the afternoon sky. I sat on the white sand while Amelia waded through the water. It surprised me that she was so willing to go into the salty ocean. Werewolves don't typically enjoy much water surfaces, it makes battle and survival quite difficult for our species because we are not the best of swimmers. I figured it was because my fiancé wasn't familiar with our terms of battle, fighting, and war.

I had to admit to myself, though, the way her ivory skin shined in the sun was a far more beautiful sight than the clean beach itself.

I felt a smirk appear over my lips while I allowed my knees to fall from being pulled up to my chest into the sand before standing up. My cargo shorts had been delicately lined with a little sand as I positioned myself to stand.

"Amelia," I called to my fiancé.

She easily picked up on the sound I created by calling her name, and turned her head to face me. Her strawberry blonde hair flopped heavily over her left shoulder because of the water beading through her hair. A smile appeared over her lips as she waded closer towards me from the water.

As soon as her feet were on the sand, I felt it. Something bad was coming our way, and it made my body tense. I began to walk towards my lover. My eyes never once left hers and she must've felt the urgency in my body language because her own body language changed from care-free to careful. She started to put more speed into her step and came closer to me.

We were only about four feet away from one another, when I heard it.
It wasn't just some sick sense now; it was really something coming towards us, really fast.

"Amelia!" I shout, lunging towards her while a dark, masculine shape lurched itself in the same direction. I could feel my arm being painfully sliced through by some sharp object. It wasn't werewolf natural. This object made my skin burn like boiling water ready to burst from heat.

My teeth clenched automatically to shut out the painful wailing I desperately wanted to release. I allowed my injured arm to dangle helplessly along my side, while my other looped over my fiancé in a strong protective hold. There was no way I would let anything happen to her.

"Hello, Carmen." The voice calling me had a raspy tone. One I found to be familiar, yet I could not put my finger on who it could belong to.

I finally realized what exactly I was going to be up against once I turned around.

"Renima." I whispered.

Renima was known far and wide throughout the supernatural city bounds for her brutality. With dark locks of pitch black hair and golden eyes set to kill anyone she pleased. This girl works discretely for the supernatural council. I've only ever come into contact with her for juries based on those who violated the rules we try so hard to function by.

I blinked a little, paying no attention to my burning arm, which already began to bruise and drop blood along the sand. Amelia had remained quiet, no doubt trying to size up Renima and the two large mutts who stood close behind her. She was beginning to catch a better grip on her new found senses. My fiancé was now able to use her enhanced hearing to communicate in her world form (when she finally shifts.) Since she is still new, Amelia doesn't quite know how to handle a shift as smoothly as the rest of us do. Breaking bones just about every day more than three times a day isn't exactly a day in the park, but she'll get used of the pain. She'll have to.

I pulled myself from my own thoughts as I focused my eyes back on Renima.

"What do you want?" I asked, my voice in a low tone to show a warning.

I could easily feel everyone's eyes on my wound, even Amelia's eyes from where she stood behind me.

"Oh Carmen, do you always begin friendly greetings with such intimidating questions?" The dark haired Renima shot back, smirk playing deep over her lips.

I felt my soul-mate tense behind me as she glared at the black haired girl.
I didn't answer back, I had no need to. My thoughts were racing 100 miles per hour as I tried to figure out if I should take my girl and make a break for it, or if I should stay myself and try to defend my girl and myself as she stays as far away as possible.

The decision was shortly are for me as I watched the two mutts behind Renima shift smoothly into their wolf forms. They stood a good six feet from the ground in their human form, so it was around ten to eleven feet they stood from the ground in their wolf forms. As a female, though I'm lesbian and act as a boy, I only stand around seven to eight feet from the ground in my complete wolf form- as does Renima. Amelia stood only six to seven feet in wolf form because her body has not yet been adjusted to the drastic transformation.

I took my lover's hand in my own and gave it a squeeze before squaring off my body. I was ready to fight with a useless left arm.

"Carmen Eliza, today you are summoned to death for violation of supernatural law. Aiding and abiding a traitor amongst our presence within your father's study headquarters. In other words, you've really messed up when you didn't kill what tried to kill you." Renima stated in a loud voice.

Her smile twisted ruthlessly over her face in a creepy way just before she lifted herself from the ground and swooped through the air. I pushed Amelia away and removed myself before the dark haired girl landed where we had stood, her silver blade chopping at the sand.

As fast as she had landed, Renima was off, running fast on her toes through the sand. She came straight for me with the deadly weapon. I did my best to dodge, but with my focus on Amelia mainly, I couldn't focus in my own battle. I felt the same stinging sensation burn through my shoulder as before. Renima's blade had made contact with my skin again and it didn't feel too great.

The battle raged on. I could see flashes of her dark hair as Renima used complicated foot work to get closer to me.
I gave a large swing of my fists to finally get a slight connection with her chest, but she moved too quickly for me go do any real damage.

We were only three minutes in the fight and already I had been slashed through over twenty times. My body ached. My throat burned and my mind was shattered between human and wolf thoughts.

"Carmen!" Amelia cried. I had somehow lost my concentration on her during my own battle.

"A.." I whispered, falling to the sand as Renima stood above me.

"Goodbye, Carmen." She said, pulling her blade into the air and dropping her hands down suddenly.

I gripped her wrist quickly and used my las bit of strength to turn it the opposite way. It happened too sudden for Renima to contemplate moving.

It was over.