Chapter 5 Flashback

"Carmen!" Amelia cried as I ran around our apartment with her panties in my hand.

I had warned her that if she kept just throwing them around wherever instead of folding them and picking them up after they got washed, I would parade around the house with them in my hand and a smile on my face. So that's exactly what I did.

I grabbed her favorite pair (her galaxy thong) and wavered it in front of her face before laughing and running around with the underwear bunched in my fist. It was rather easy to keep the game going since I had always been faster and far more slick than my Amelia.

"Carmen. Eliza. Give. Me. My. Underwear." I heard her say from the living room.

The tone of agitation in her voice made me stop dead in my tracks. She never called me by my middle name in such a way before and honestly, I think it scared me more than shocked me. I knew I was stronger than Amelia physically, and a bit more mentally prepared for pain, but I wasn't exactly sure of what I would do if she were to get really upset with me or what I do.

"What?" I asked, shock written in my voice as plain as day.

"You heard me. Put my panties down."

I had never heard Amelia so upset before, and it worried me. After the recent run-in with my brother, Caleb, I found that Amelia had been a little more sensitive to everything. She wasn't as hyper active as she normally would've been when she got home from work, and it seemed like the more I tried joking with her, the more distant she pushed herself from me.

It scared me.

I had never before been in love with someone, and now that I knew the feeling of having someone to love and call my own, I felt the need to keep it no matter what. A wolf can't take back an imprint. No matter what they do, or whom they meet through out the course of their life, a wolf can not get rid of the pain and adoration that comes along with imprinting on someone. I had found my soul mate with Amelia, and I wasn't looking to have my heart ripped from my chest and tears falling from my eyes if she ever decided to leave. I walked on egg shells the past few weeks with her, and I was ready to ask why.

"What's up with you?" I asked, a defensive tone mixing with the shock in my voice.

Amelia raised her eye brows as I placed her galaxy panties on the counter in the kitchen and leaned my body against it for support, arms crossed over my chest.

She didn't bring her eyes to meet mine. She stayed silent and began chopping away at the vegetables in from of her on the counter. I wasn't sure what she was going to do with the vegetables just yet, or what food she would make with them because she had a tendency to surprise me with different dishes from all sorts of cultures; the vegetables had to have been the least of my thoughts though, as I watched intently at my partner's constant chopping.

Every part of me had begun to buzz with a heavy sensation of irritation while I watched her give me the silent treatment. I couldn't tell what Amelia was thinking by simply looking at her, I needed her to tell me- and getting nothing was going to piss me off. I wouldn't snap at Amelia, ever, but tonight... something seemed different. Something had been awoken deep within the cells of my skin and I felt something heavy arise within me.

Anger? Irritation? Warning.

Something wasn't right, and it made the wolf deep within crawl dramatically as I stood against that counter. I clenched my fists together before giving out a radius of only three more seconds before I snapped.

"Amelia, what the hell is your problem?" I asked, raising my voice slightly. Not a yell, but not a whisper, either.

It was her turn to have a shocked expression on her face as she looked up from the vegetables and stopped chopping. It didn't last long, her shocked expression. Amelia covered her expression with anger now and repositioned herself with her hands on her hips as she stared at me.